“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
New Jersey
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here this past weekend with a friend while on vacation. This hotel is charming and comfortable, not your typical Best Western. The rooms were quiet even though we were on a busy street and came with all the convienences. Great restaurant with live music. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hallerae, General Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
It sounds like you and your friend had a great vacation in Morristown! I am happy you enjoyed our hotel, restaurant and amenities. Thanks for your great recommendation. We love to hear comments like yours. Hope you will visit us again during your next vacation to Morristown as it has so much to offer including our great history.

Jim Hecox, General Manager
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed here at both the beginning and end of a week (in DC for a conference in between), two nights on each end. Overally, I would say this is a quality hotel, and pretty standard for what would be expected of a Best Western.

The hotel is nothing fancy, but of course the Best Western name should tell you that already. In my first room, I found things a bit run-down and old...not sure if I was in an older section of the hotel, or what the deal was. The people at the front desk were prompt with my check in and getting me proper information.

They have very good high speed internet which is free, and also a free continental breakfast (the coffee was horrible, I'd recommend just getting Starbucks down the street). The website indicated they have a gym, which is technically not true, as they offer you a free pass at a local fitness studio - for me, this was not too convenient as I was leaving early and coming back late from work meetings.

When I came for the second stay, my room was much much nicer - bigger, better furniture, bigger bed, bigger bathroom. And I paid the same rate. The room I was in the second time faced the parking lots - maybe those are better? Not quite sure. But it seems that the rooms differ, so maybe ask to see one or two before you settle on a choice.

Would stay here again if in Morristown - quality stay and nice staff, to boot.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
We thank you for taking the time out to review us. We are terribly sorry that the first leg of your stay with us was less than satisfactory but am happy to hear your enjoyed your new room. Constructive criticism is always appreciated as it helps us improve and provide a better experience for our guests in the future. The hotel has been busy working on a guestroom refurbishment project for the past couple of years and we recognize that some of the rooms still need to be completed, hopefully by the beginning of next year. We apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the fitness center. In addition to our relationship with a state of the art fitness center, Lifetime Fitness, we have our own onsite exercise room located on our lower level. We will make sure the front desk explains this a little clearer in the future. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff as it is always a strong motivation for our team to be recognized. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boyle Hotels Management Group
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Took advantage of the special rate for NJ Jazzfest. I have fallen in love with downtown Morristown and this hotel makes it very accessible (if you're in good walking condition). While I don't have much to add that other reviewers haven't already said, I enjoyed our stay so much that we booked another getaway for August. The only thing that could make my stay any better was to have a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
I first want to thank you for staying with us and I also thank you for your fantastic review! We are very pleased to hear you had so much fun while staying with us earlier this month and do appreciate you coming back in August. I personally attended Jazzfest and had a wonderful time as well. Additionally, thank you for your suggestion regarding putting refrigerators in the rooms. We hope to remedy this by the end of the year. If you would like to have a mini fridge in your room when you return in August, please let the front desk know so we can ensure we place one in your room. We look forward to seeing you again in August!

Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boyle Hotels Management Group
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel with my family when we all went to the Steve Tyrell concert. The rooms are spacious and the efficiency kitchens are perfect. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful comments. The entire staff appreciates them. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the Steve Tyrell concert at the Mayo Theatre with your family. I heard from others that he put on a great show. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Morristown.
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed recently at the Best Western Plus for business and was very pleased. The small "inn-like" atmosphere was very peaceful and accomodating. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations. The hotel is located near a quaint downtown area. The FREE breakfast buffet was delicious.

The room was large and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. Overall I have no complaints about my stay and would highly recommend this Best Western to anyone that is planning a trip to Morristown, NJ

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SoxfanCT63
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Easy access,close to downtown but away from the crowds. Cozy colonial lobby,very well maintained, polite and helpful staff and FANTASTIC Food. We went for a mini escape and wanted a base for touring historic sites. The Hibiscus Restaurant was a delightful surprise- romantic with Fantastic dinner and buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking South St. may hear traffic
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret S
Watkins Glen, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We have stayed here multiple times because we need to catch an early flight at the Morristown Airport. It is very convenient to the train station by a short taxi ride. Each time the room has been very comfortable and clean. We have had no issue with noise. Our most recent stay, we arrived too late to eat dinner at the hotel so we walked to an Italian restaurant. When I returned, I realized I had left my purse at the restaurant and ran back to pick it up but they had closed. We had to catch the flight so I had to leave it and call later to see if they would send it to me. The restaurant refused to help me so I called the hotel and Samantha at the desk asked her manager what to do and he offered to go and pick it up and they overnighted it to me. I have rarely had people who do not know me go to this level of service and was completely blown away. I would highly recommend that people stay here if they need to visit Morristown.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotmeema
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#4 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Been to Best Western Plus Morristown Inn? Share your experiences!