“Best Western not normally on my radar--but will stay here again”

Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Westford, Massachusetts
“Best Western not normally on my radar--but will stay here again”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I am not a huge Best Western fan because of the inconsistency of the hotels. Because of this I seldom consider them. Was staying in the area on a weeknight hen corporate rates are high so I looked a little harder. Because of the rate and the reviews on Trip Advisor we stayed there---and are so glad we did! Not only did the rate strongly beat any other full service hotels in the area, it included the Wi-Fi and breakfast. The manager and desk clerk greeted us warmly when we checked in, with warm cookies and a glass of wine. The room was in excellent condition and spotlessly clean. Breakfast the next morning had a good variety of eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, waffles, juice, coffee, tea. Although we did not eat at Hibiscus, the on site restaurant, it is highly rated on Trip Advisor.
We love the fact that it was a nice walk from the downtown. It was a beautiful evening and we went down to shop, eat and enjoy the weather. We would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We were on the back of the hotel on the third floor - noise was minimal.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JoanneTravels
Donna M, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for noticing some of the little things that make a hotel stay comfortable. We appreciate your business and kind words!

Mr. Jim Hecox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Morristown team will treat you like family. They are friendly and they remember you when you return for a stay at their hotel. Rooms are clean and free wifi is a plus. Breakfast in the morning is prepared fresh. The onsite restaurant is an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank HeightsGirl67
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great little known place! Very accommodating and the restaurant is awesome! Best food ever. Would come back just to dine there! Business trip but found a new place to return to. Overall, value, location and amazing friendly staff makes for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa C
Donna M, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We take great pride in our overall service and value so it's always a pleasure when someone notices. I hope you dined at the restaurant during one of their jazz nights which are truly a memorable experience.

We look forward to being of service to you again.

Regards,
Best Western Morristown inn
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Had an event near this hotel and this was the best value and closest I could find under $300. The entry doesn't even look like a hotel and I had to ask if this was where I checked in (felt like a bed and breakfast with a free glass of wine during check in). Parking is small, but in the middle of the week there were plenty of places. On this Tuesday they had a jazz pianist in the restaurant and you can see my review of Hibiscus under that name.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Ahmedabad
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Hi,

I spent nearly 20 days at this hotel during my recent trip to New Jersey. The hotel was pre-arranged for me by our company office based in Basking Ridge.

The check-in process was effortless, though I was disappointed to see that the room did not have either a microwave or a fridge. Though they later put a microwave to my room on request. Room was cozy with a nice King size bed and had clean and large bathroom.

This hotel has a very nice "Carribbean" Restaurant named Hibiscus which serves some very nice vegetarian dishes. The location of this hotel is also ideal as it is right next to the highway 287. As well as walking distance from the key attractions of Morristown.

The breakfast served was of top quality with freshly made egg omlette everyday and decent options of cereals, fruits, tea, coffee, juices, muffins etc. Hotel also offers free parking which comes very handy.

Hotel also has a small gym but in the basement thus not very well used. They also have guest laundary and meeting rooms for small get togethers. The restaurant has regular Jazz nights thus makes the place quite lively during weekends.

Overall, i was fully satisfied with the hotel and would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: View all room types before you finalize the room you want.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Naperville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was in New Jersey on business; my meetings were in New Providence on Monday and Tuesday morning at Basking Ridge. We chose to stay at a hotel close to Basking Ridge, to save on morning driving times.

So, our work group picked the Morristown Inn. It's on 287, just 15 minute drive from Basking Ridge. From a work / productive travel perspective, this hotel worked out great! I am surprised I haven't found this place before. I recommend The Best Western Plus Morristown Inn and will be back.

The hotel is historic, but nicely up to date. My room was medium/small-ish, with a King sized bed, a modest work area. and an ok bath/shower. Good wifi, good water pressure, and well heated. But really, if anything the in-window heating unit was a little too warm, if not a little noisy. The flatscreen TV was connected to a really nice, full featured Cablevision set top box w/guide -- nicer than a normal hotel pay-per-view offering. The WIFI was free but unfortunately slow.

I had an early morning call and I missed the free breakfast. Maybe next time. The person behind the front desk was really friendly offering me a sample of the local wine.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Donna M, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thanks very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed the wine tasting but I'm sorry you missed the full breakfast buffet - I agree with you - I hope you get to try it the next time you are here.

Best Western Morristown Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#4 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Been to Best Western Plus Morristown Inn? Share your experiences!