“Still wonderful after all these years”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Still wonderful after all these years”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the beautiful and elegant Madison Hotel. My wife and I originally are from the tri-state area. The Madison Hotel and adjacent Rod's Restaurant were among our favorite weekend respite destinations during our early married years living and working in New York. We particularly loved to visit during the Christmas season. Prior to my stay last week, however, I had not been back to the Madison since prior to my move to Florida 21 years ago.

To my great delight, I found the hotel and its amenities as elegant and beautiful as my wife and I remembered them to be. In addition, the service provided by staff was still extremely personal, friendly, and professional. The complimentary continental breakfast included a wonderful selection of fruits, cereals, yogurts, and freshly baked pastries and croissants served in a beautifully appointed and furnished lobby area. I would recommend the Madison to anyone who wants the atmosphere of a small elegant country inn/boutique hotel with the fine service and amenities of a larger hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank James A
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for staying with us and commenting about your stay on Trip Advisor. It is a nice testament to our management team and ownership that after 21 years you still found our hotel just as beautiful and elegant as it was last time your were here. More importantly I am glad to hear that you found the staff extremely personal, friendly and professional and that you would recommend our hotel. Please stay with us anytime you visit NYC or northern NJ and please do not wait 21 more years to return.

Scott McArthur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was totally impressed with the caliber of this hotel for the price we paid. The lobby area is very warm and welcoming. The availability of coffee/tea was certainly a plus. The included continental breakfast was also more than expected. Didn't have a chance to eat at Rod's but hoping to get up that way again in the Spring.

Room Tip: If you would like to get in some walking there is a paved trail beyond the railroad station.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments about The Madison Hotel on Trip Advisor. The team and I are happy that you were totally impressed, found the lobby warm and welcoming, the cold breakfast buffet better then expected and enjoyed the coffee/tea/hot chocolate that is available all day every day. We look forward to your return and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ because as you said we are truly a "great value".

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Have stayed in past years on business. Last five years have stayed for R&R. Have always been treated as a frequent guest by all the staff. Parking is easy. Train to New York City feet from the hotel parking lot (along city block). Room Service quick and always been hot. What I like best is is a family own hotel an not just another chain hotel. The room has always been very clean and have always paid a fair price. The bellhops can not do enough for the guest an always have time for just one more question.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PHL27L
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Thank you for your comments, your loyalty to The Madison Hotel and for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. The team and I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Schuylerville, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My son lives lives in Morristown and he recommended The Madison for our visit. It was a great choice. Nice looking property. Very nice comfortable lobby area. Front desk staff was very efficient and friendly to deal with upon check-in. Room on 4th floor was very comfortable, clean and nice. King size bed - awesome. Complimentary breakfast buffet in lobby had good selections. A great value for the room rate paid. My son was running in the NYC Marathon, so upon checkout, we walked across the parking lot to pick up the train to Penn Station. So easy and convenient if you want to visit NYC, but not stay in the NYC. We shall be returning soon and are looking forward to trying Rod's Steak House for sure!

Greg D

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Congratulations on your son running in the NYC Marathon, I hope he was happy with his time. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel; complimentary breakfast buffet had "good selections", room "very comfortable, clean and nice", front desk staff "very efficient and friendly", we appreciate your feedback. I also was happy to know you thought of the hotel as a "great choice" and a "great value". We look forward to you returning to us soon and hope you get to try Rod's Steak and Seafood Grille when you do.

NJ
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed for one night, the night that my high school reunion was held at the hotel. My room was well decorated, and very clean although the peripheral area of rug near the wall had some dust that could be easily removed with a vacuum attachment. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The closet space was part of a large attractive wood unit that opened up to a flat screen TV, a set of drawers (all very clean inside), and on both ends a tiny bit of closet space, one side of which was used for an ironing board and iron; the closet space was fine for the one night, but if two people were to stay overnight for several days it would be insufficient. That being said, I was happy with the room, which was above average in quality. The hotel is very attractive, with a nicely decorated lobby area, and the food served at the reunion buffet was very good. The continental breakfast was generous and had more than enough food. I was surprised there wasn't a safe in the room. There are safes at the hotel desk which are limited in size; I was able to store my Nook and my wallet in there but if I had desired to store a laptop it wouldn't have fit in the largest size safe box, which I was shown.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us and for visiting Trip Advisor to comment about your stay. Your comments about the property, "very clean room, "bed and pillows very comfortable", "very attractive hotel", and "generous breakfast buffet" are much appreciated but the fact you recommended us to others is the highest compliment we can ask for. Thank you for doing that and please stay with us whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Very cute hotel, especially the lobby which was a comfortable place to read and just relax. Everything is spotless and clean! Our room was very comfortable and quiet, especially at night when the hotel events ended which is often a loud and annoying time at other hotels. I realized I had forgotten some toiletries and within 5 minutes of requesting them, they were brought to my room! We ordered Rod's (steakhouse attached to hotel) room service for dinner. The food arrived hot and was absolutely delicious! Also in a great location! Plenty of shopping, eating and things to do nearby! I went to a wedding here several years ago and I remember the party room being beautiful and decorated tastefully, and having a wonderful time! Both of my experiences at the Madison were excellent and I can't wait to return for another stay!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, the team and I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay on Trip Advisor as well as your business. I am glad you found everything "spotless and clean" and the food "hot and absolutely delicious". We look forward to having you return as our guest whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

Massachusettes
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We loved the idea of staying away from the chain hotels, and the Madison fit the bill. The hotel is a bit dated, and they do a LOT of special events in the beautiful Atrium, but the restaurant is great and you will never know that there is a wedding in the next room! We have stayed here twice. On our first stay we ate in the restaurant, and the next time we ate at the bar and watched the game. Both times the food and service were very good. The first room we checked in to was lovely. On our second stay, the room was fine, but the TV kept kicking off, annoying for a fan whose team was playing! Maintenance came promptly and fixed the problem. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you for staying with us on two separate occasions and for trying our two fine restaurants. We truly do appreciate your business and hope you stay with us whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!