“Wonderful Experience”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a first class hotel with alot of character an a great value. The staff is very attentive. The food and bar are at Rod's is excellent. We have stayed there many times and would not think of staying anyplace else in the area,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luckyshamrock34
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us and no where else whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC. We appreciate your loyalty and I was happy to hear you found the staff attentive and food and bar excellent. Thank you again for your business and for posting your comments about your stay on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

We hosted our wedding cocktail and reception at the Madison hotel. It was a great hit. The venue is beautiful, I absolutely love their conservatory room and their ballroom. Tim Mchale and Charles helped us and accommodated all of our needs. It is not just any old chain hotel. This hotel has a lot of character, class, history, and is unique. I can't wait for our pictures to arrive, I am sure the background setting of this hotel will enhance our pictures. The guest rooms are wonderful as well. Not a single guest complained and all of them complimented me on the choice of our venue. I hope that their service and venue remain wonderful forever.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lovetotell

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for allowing the Madison Hotel to be a part of your very special day. I am so happy that you found the venue beautiful (you made a great choice!) including the Conservatory, ballroom and guest rooms and that all your needs were met. Thank you again and please feel free to return whenever you are in northern NJ or NYC, we would be happy to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We are from the area, but wanted an easy night away. Our usual favorite place, the Short Hills Hilton, was booked, so we tried the Madison Hotel. What a wonderful unexpected experience! This hotel is so beautiful, from another time (but with modern amenities) and the staff was truly exceptional. We had a few problems - very spoiled ones- WiFi and Movies on Demand for example weren't working in our room, but the staff was immediately attentive and solved the problem!

Rod's Steakhouse was top-notch (coming from two former Manhattanites!) Very old-school in the care and attention by the bartender and wait staff, meaning-you felt the individual care, passion and training to make your experience a great one. Plus, the food was amazing. Their lobby has a gorgeous fireplace, numerous lounge areas and complimentary breakfast. It was great! I would like to end, that the rate for what you get is unbelievable. It seemed too good to be true but met expectations and then some! (and I swear I am not affiliated in any way with the Madison Hotel. )

Room Tip: Make sure (although staff was aware enough to ask us) to tell check-in staff if you are part of a we...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen S

Thank you for staying with us and for commenting about your stay on Trip Advisor, I was thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you found the food amazing and most importantly that you found the staff truly exceptional. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the beautiful and elegant Madison Hotel. My wife and I originally are from the tri-state area. The Madison Hotel and adjacent Rod's Restaurant were among our favorite weekend respite destinations during our early married years living and working in New York. We particularly loved to visit during the Christmas season. Prior to my stay last week, however, I had not been back to the Madison since prior to my move to Florida 21 years ago.

To my great delight, I found the hotel and its amenities as elegant and beautiful as my wife and I remembered them to be. In addition, the service provided by staff was still extremely personal, friendly, and professional. The complimentary continental breakfast included a wonderful selection of fruits, cereals, yogurts, and freshly baked pastries and croissants served in a beautifully appointed and furnished lobby area. I would recommend the Madison to anyone who wants the atmosphere of a small elegant country inn/boutique hotel with the fine service and amenities of a larger hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank James A

Thank you for staying with us and commenting about your stay on Trip Advisor. It is a nice testament to our management team and ownership that after 21 years you still found our hotel just as beautiful and elegant as it was last time your were here. More importantly I am glad to hear that you found the staff extremely personal, friendly and professional and that you would recommend our hotel. Please stay with us anytime you visit NYC or northern NJ and please do not wait 21 more years to return.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was totally impressed with the caliber of this hotel for the price we paid. The lobby area is very warm and welcoming. The availability of coffee/tea was certainly a plus. The included continental breakfast was also more than expected. Didn't have a chance to eat at Rod's but hoping to get up that way again in the Spring.

Room Tip: If you would like to get in some walking there is a paved trail beyond the railroad station.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments about The Madison Hotel on Trip Advisor. The team and I are happy that you were totally impressed, found the lobby warm and welcoming, the cold breakfast buffet better then expected and enjoyed the coffee/tea/hot chocolate that is available all day every day. We look forward to your return and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ because as you said we are truly a "great value".

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Have stayed in past years on business. Last five years have stayed for R&R. Have always been treated as a frequent guest by all the staff. Parking is easy. Train to New York City feet from the hotel parking lot (along city block). Room Service quick and always been hot. What I like best is is a family own hotel an not just another chain hotel. The room has always been very clean and have always paid a fair price. The bellhops can not do enough for the guest an always have time for just one more question.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PHL27L
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thank you for your comments, your loyalty to The Madison Hotel and for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. The team and I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

My son lives lives in Morristown and he recommended The Madison for our visit. It was a great choice. Nice looking property. Very nice comfortable lobby area. Front desk staff was very efficient and friendly to deal with upon check-in. Room on 4th floor was very comfortable, clean and nice. King size bed - awesome. Complimentary breakfast buffet in lobby had good selections. A great value for the room rate paid. My son was running in the NYC Marathon, so upon checkout, we walked across the parking lot to pick up the train to Penn Station. So easy and convenient if you want to visit NYC, but not stay in the NYC. We shall be returning soon and are looking forward to trying Rod's Steak House for sure!

Greg D

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Congratulations on your son running in the NYC Marathon, I hope he was happy with his time. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel; complimentary breakfast buffet had "good selections", room "very comfortable, clean and nice", front desk staff "very efficient and friendly", we appreciate your feedback. I also was happy to know you thought of the hotel as a "great choice" and a "great value". We look forward to you returning to us soon and hope you get to try Rod's Steak and Seafood Grille when you do.

Scott McArthur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!