“Absolutely super facility”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights while I attended my college reunion at St. Elizabeth's. Our room was very well appointed, immaculate and contained all possible amenities. The included daily breakfast buffet had a large selection of goodies and enjoying them in the gracious lobby atmosphere was a pleasant way to start each day. The lobby also has two free high speed computers with printers and many Kindles are also offered for patron enjoyment. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to every inquiry/request. We enjoyed a delicious, well-priced lunch in the main Rod's dining area. I heartily recommend the Madison Hotel and when I revisit the area I plan to ALWAYS come here. The Madison Hotel is a jewel. Margaret Quig, North Palm Beach, Florida

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Madison Hotel, I was thrilled to hear you would ALWAYS come back and that you highly recommend our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your reunion, the well appointed and immaculate rooms, the friendly and accomodating staff as well as the Kindle Fires we have in the lobby for your use. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Madison for five nights. We love BOTH New Jersy and New York and the Madison, with NJ Transit's Convent Station a short 5-minute walk away, is a perfect venue for us. The hotel is one I have stayed in for business for many years. It's comfortable, with an attentive staff and has an efficient, healthy (if you want it to be!) breakfast buffet. Staying for "fun" is an even better experience, as you can take advantage of the lovely courtyard and also explore the surrounding towns of Morristown (adding many trendy new shops) and Chatham (home of the Short Hills Mall!). For walking, nothing beats Jockey Hollow and the Frelinghuysen Arboretum, which are both nearby. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good size, but you might want to ask about proximity to the train station. That c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My daughters and I enjoyed a weekend up in the Morristown area to visit some close friends we dearly miss after moving from the area. It's a little odd staying in a hotel in a town that you used to live in, but The Madison Hotel is a very homey welcoming place so it was a great choice for us. We arrived after midnight, and it ended up being three of us in the room instead of two as I had booked. (It was too late for me to get my daughter over to her friend's house as we had planned.) This changed the reservation a bit, but the front desk clerk was great. For a nominal fee, a cot would be brought up to our room. We left the front desk after purchasing some sparkling water and some late night snacks. I really appreciated having the nice selection of snacks and beverages available at the front desk. Everything was great until the cot arrived. Granted it was late and housekeeping was long gone, but the cot was delivered with used bedding on it. Not good. Anyway, we had to change the bed ourselves. Other than that, it was a nice stay. The price was very fair, and for us the location is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jmargaux
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. The team and I really appreciate it. I am glad you had "very nice stay", found the hotel "homey and welcoming" with a great front desk. I was also happy to hear you enjoyed our selection of snacks and beverages available at the front desk and that our staff was able to accomodate your requests so early in the morning. I would like to be able to discuss with you the situation in regards to the rollaway and would appreciate a phone call when convenient for you. What led you to believe the bedding was used? The specific cots we use and the way we deliver them to your room make it very hard for something like that to be missed. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

862-345-5500

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed at The Madison Memorial Day Weekend and were impressed with the level of attention to detail and customer service provided by the staff. Upon check-in we were informed we were the "guest of the day" (a promotion for The Madison's 30th anniversary) and were handed a bag full of goodies and treats. The room was a standard room, which was a bit musty upon entering, but dissipated after the air conditioning had been turned on. We ate at Rod's, which featured both excellent food and service. The complimentary breakfast at The Madison was more than satisfactory. As some reviewers have noted, there is a train station nearby and, depending upon the location of your room, you may hear noise; however, it did not affect our night's rest. We would stay at The Madison again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlueBerry21401

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. The team and I appreciate it. I am glad you noticed our attention to detail and customer service. It is something we look for when we hire employees and is discussed several times a day to ensure it is part of our hotels culture. Congratulations on being the GUEST OF THE DAY!!! I hope you enjoyed your goodies. I hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Madison Hotel and had a great time. Staff was friendly and helpful. The bar and restaurant were excellent in terms of food and service. The hotel gives off a feel of elegance while being a great value. We will be planning a return trip soon!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. The team and I appreciate it. Thank you for calling the hotel elegant, the staff helpful and friendly, the bar and restaurant excellent in terms of food and service and for saying you will be returning soon. We look forward to having you as a guest again and again.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed in a suite May 12-13 for graduation at nearby Drew University and used it to host a small graduation party afterward. The suite is only slightly larger than a normal hotel room, but features a web bar area with a couple of bar stools. I was expecting something bigger with a separate room away from the bedroom, so that was disappointing. The room felt a bit musty when we first entered, but once we opened the window for some fresh air, it was fine. Otherwise the room was OK. Location-wise, we were just a few minutes from the University by car, so that was ideal.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast downstairs in their beautiful and spacious lobby, and we took advantage of that. Lots of fresh fruit, breads, danish, hard-boiled eggs, cereal and more.

The hotel has a very nice restaurant, although I cannot remember the name. Good food, and only somewhat expensive. I would recommend it.

The hotel does a lot of catering. There were several events going while we were there, including at least one wedding. There is a large atrium on one side of the hotel that would be a beautiful setting for any event.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Congratulations on the graduation! and thank you for staying with us I am glad you found the location ideal. We are blessed with our proximity to not only Drew University, but also St. Elizabeth and FDU, many Fortune 500 companies, the NY Jets training facility, Morris County historical sites, Statue of Liberty as well as a train that travels directly into NYC. I am also glad you enjoyed the complimentary cold breakfast buffet, and one of our two restaurants. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We attended a Wedding Reception at The Madison Hotel & stayed 1 night. Before the wedding we had lunch at Rod's Steak & Seafood Grill on the premises. The food & service were excellent! I had a Crabcake Sandwich & others had the Turkey Club Sandwich & the Waldorf Salad - all great! We told our waiter we were in a hurry & they helped us with our menu selections (what would be faster) & provided prompt service.

The complimentary breakfast the next morning was adequate but not extensive. The shampoo, conditioner & lotion in the room were fantastic - made with blood orange. The hotel did not have vending machines nor a gift shop & there was no refrigerator in our room. Snacks & bottled water could be purchased at the front desk.

The hotel has numerous meeting & banquet rooms. There were 2 wedding receptions & several parties going on when we were there. We enjoyed the appetizers at the reception we attended. The dinner was served too late & it took too long between courses, so we left before the entree was served.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GEMSCAT

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. The team and I really appreciate it. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our fine dining restaurant as well as our in room amenities. In the future we hope that you stay with us and if you do I wanted to make you aware we have a selection of beverages and snacks available at the front desk which we are more then happy to deliver to your room. In addition, refrigerators and microwaves are available upon request for a minimal fee. Thanks again and we hope to see you whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!