The Madison Hotel
US$292
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$189
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$205
Hotels.com
HYATT house Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$74
US$66
US$265
Hilton.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastconvent stationred dog tavernold worldhard boiled eggsrod's steak housedrew universitynew yorkbagelsturn down servicefresh fruitbeautiful hotelindoor poololder hotelnj transitwonderful stayinto nyc
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed at this refurbished old hotel on business. On the plus side, the grounds around it are park-like and it is convenient to my client. The lobby has genteel club style feel and the desk staff are very friendly. There is a nice court yard landscaped with pretty flowers and there are chairs and tables to sit out and enjoy them. Beds were comfortable. This older hotel has obviously been rennovated but is still a little ratty in some places. The window of my room had white tape on them so that it would appear that the glass was panes, in keeping with the architecture, Trouble is, the tape was falling off. Towels in the bath were equally as nice as the ones in teh YMCA. Typical of an older hotel, electrical outlets were scarce -- I had to chose between unplugging the clock or lamp to be able to plug in my cell phone chareger by the bed. Bathroom lacked a magnifying mirror.Breakfast came with the room, consisted of decent pastries and bagles, good fresh fruit, but instant oatmeal (YUCK). At $350 per night after you add taxes, overpriced is the best description for this otherwise unremarkable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize about the condition of the window design in your guestroom, I am sorry that it dampened your enthusiasm about the hotel. I also wanted to make you aware that the newly installed lamp on the desk was designed with travellers like you in mind and has two outlets on the surface within easy reach for guests to charge items as needed. I am sorry you dont like oatmeal, it was a request (along with the raisins and brown sugar topping we provide to spice it up) from so many of our guests that we decided to add it to our wide selection of yogurts, cereals, hard boiled eggs, wide selection of teas, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, orange or apple juice, fresh blueberries, whole fruit, cut melon, bagels and assorted pasteries. I hope you were able to find something you liked. Thank you for recognizing the park like grounds, friendly front desk staff, nicely landscaped courtyard with pretty flowers and seating as well as the comfortable bed. In regards to the price, it is certainly in line with other comparable hotels in the marketplace that in most cases charge even more then we do but do not offer the complimentary breakfast mentioned above to all its guests, charge for wifi (complimentary at the Madison Hotel), have free parking and free local transportation, etc. So although it was costly the night you stayed with us it was a value when compared to other hotels in the area that charge more and give less. Our hotel is the only 4.5 Star Trip Advisor rated full service hotel in Morris County because our loyal guests see the value, combined with the friendly service, clean rooms and public spaces, a choice of two outstanding restaurants in a beautiful park like setting with a exercise room, swimming pool, hot tub etc. and write about their stay with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you again for your comments and if the price is right we hope you stay with us again whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC. Weekend rates are much lower and if you are a member of AAA or AARP and present your card you are entitled to a 15% discount.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed in the Madison for two nights...during a bridal shower. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Breakfast was okay. Free parking and the train to Penn Station right across the parking lot. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Get on the fourth floor if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, comfortable bed, clean room, free parking, accessability to trains and our complimentary breakfast. Thanks for recommending us and we hope you stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My siblings and I were all in Northern N.J. visiting relatives and needed a nice, convent place to stay. We booked The Madison through Hotwire and got a great deal.

The rooms are very nice, the beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly. They have an onsite workout room and indoor pool. The workout room was very clean and had a good variety of cardio machines, plus dumbbells and a weight machine.

The free continental breakfast had a variety of choices, including fresh fruit, pastries, oatmeal, cold cereal, coffee, hot cocoa tea and juice. There were Keurig coffee machines in the rooms and coffee and tea always available in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments about the nice rooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff and hope that you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights while I attended my college reunion at St. Elizabeth's. Our room was very well appointed, immaculate and contained all possible amenities. The included daily breakfast buffet had a large selection of goodies and enjoying them in the gracious lobby atmosphere was a pleasant way to start each day. The lobby also has two free high speed computers with printers and many Kindles are also offered for patron enjoyment. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to every inquiry/request. We enjoyed a delicious, well-priced lunch in the main Rod's dining area. I heartily recommend the Madison Hotel and when I revisit the area I plan to ALWAYS come here. The Madison Hotel is a jewel. Margaret Quig, North Palm Beach, Florida

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Madison Hotel, I was thrilled to hear you would ALWAYS come back and that you highly recommend our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your reunion, the well appointed and immaculate rooms, the friendly and accomodating staff as well as the Kindle Fires we have in the lobby for your use. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Madison for five nights. We love BOTH New Jersy and New York and the Madison, with NJ Transit's Convent Station a short 5-minute walk away, is a perfect venue for us. The hotel is one I have stayed in for business for many years. It's comfortable, with an attentive staff and has an efficient, healthy (if you want it to be!) breakfast buffet. Staying for "fun" is an even better experience, as you can take advantage of the lovely courtyard and also explore the surrounding towns of Morristown (adding many trendy new shops) and Chatham (home of the Short Hills Mall!). For walking, nothing beats Jockey Hollow and the Frelinghuysen Arboretum, which are both nearby. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good size, but you might want to ask about proximity to the train station. That could be a negative -- although it wasn't for us.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.