“Fantastic Spot for Wonderful Mother's Day Brunch”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been to the brunch setup at the Madison Hotel several times in the past few years...and we have never been disappointed. The most recent visit was Mother's Day Brunch, 2014. The food is excellent, sumptuous, and we believe good value for what they offer. Service is lovely, kind, caring. And the display of the foods, both in the main ballroom and the dessert table, elegant and outside in the hallway. What to choose and what a dilemma? We will return again and again, hopefully, for many happy family gatherings.

Room Tip: If you want to go there for a holiday-time brunch, such as Mother's Day, book early! They fill...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We were so happy to read that you enjoyed our Mother's Day brunch and have partaken in brunches at other times throughout the year. We truly appreciate your business and hope you and your family will continue to stay and dine with us whenever you need a night away or a fabulous dinner. If you have never tried it before the Christmas Eve Dinner held in our Conservatory is incredible. The food, decorations, flowers, music, etc. make for an unforgettable evening. If you are interested book early and let us know what you think. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just stayed two nights for business and was very pleased overall. No, it is not the most modern hotel available but a classic, and has most every amenity from indoor pool and fitness center, to nice steakhouse and pub. Also right next to trains/transit. It was somewhat chilly while we were there and the fireplace in the lobby (real wood burning) was a nice touch. Front desk staff was very accommodating, check in was fast, and room was more than adequate. Turn down service is offered, a free bottle of water was at the bedside nightstand, Kuerig coffee maker with a nice selection of coffee and tea. Free wireless internet, and very nice continental breakfast stocked with fruit, cereals (hot and cold) yogurt, bagels, Danish, and all very tidy.

While I am not a coffee drinker, I heard many comments about how good the coffee was.

I was pleased with my stay and would be happy to stay again on my next trip to this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We were thrilled to read how much you enjoyed all we have to offer and are very glad to hear you would stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very good value and extremely convenient location for northern NJ and Manhattan meetings - located steps from NJ Transit Morris & Essex line. The hotel staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Complementary continental breakfast is far superior to what you'll find at most hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you saying the hotel was excellent with very pleasant and accommodating team members and a superior complimentary continental breakfast. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the train located directly behind the hotel to visit NYC, Morristown and Madison and I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our first stay at The Madison Hotel. We were extremely delighted with all aspects of our stay. From check-in to check-out we were catered to . Our room with the Victorian decor was clean and comfortable. Dinner at the pub was well prepared and delicious. . Continental breakfast had many choices and all were very fresh. The ambience at The Madison is relaxing and welcoming. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Welcome to the Madison Hotel!!! We are thrilled you decided to try us out and even more thrilled that you were "extremely delighted" and found the hotel relaxing and welcoming with clean and comfortable rooms and delicious food in the pub. Thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was very impressed with the Madison Hotel. The room was clean, the hotel staff was wonderful.
The continental breakfast was excellent, with a lot of different choices, and everything was fresh. The restaurants food was fabulous with very generous portions. I couldn't have been happier with the accomadations and the hotel staff.

1  Thank Karen S
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure reading that you found the room clean, the staff wonderful, the restaurants fabulous and the complimentary continental breakfast excellent. We are thrilled you could not have been happier and hope you will allow us even more chances to make you happy whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family recently spent one weeknight at The Madison Hotel and it was great. The room was clean and quiet. The lobby is beautiful and the premises were clean. Most importantly, to me anyway, was a soft, even mattress and pillows that weren't too big or too firm. The continental breakfast was excellent. My daughter loved the pool and the sky-lit ceiling. We're frequent visitors to the Morristown area and had not stayed at The Madison Hotel before. Now it will be our go-to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for trying us out we really appreciate it and are thrilled that we will be your go-to hotel whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. We are happy to hear you found the hotel beautiful and clean with an excellent complimentary continental breakfast and comfortable bed, We look forward to seeing you soon and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to ask for me.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the Madison the week of 4/14 and I was definitely satisfied. The hotel definitely has an older feel, not musty just not as modern as some of the others like the Marriott. There is a flat panel TV but I was dissapointed that I could not connect my laptop via HDMI to the TV. They DO have a bunch of channels though like HBO (not just the usual 30 channels and then buy movies that hotels typically have (including the Marriott).

Room Service was good
Price was good but I also had my corporate pricing
The food was good and you have two restaurants to choose from
Staff was very friendly and accomodating: I could not find my remote and the iron was acting weird and the promptly replaced both.
It was peacful and I found the bed very comfortable and they have complementary breakfast (pastries, yougurt (Fage!), juice, coffee)
Complementary newspaper every morning (who does that anymore (in a good way)? The Madison does.)

There is a shuttle service my coworkers used to get to their client site but my coworker and I drove to our client. But they had no complaints. One of my coworkers loves this place and even leaves a bag here since he stays here every week.

I would stay here again for business and I actually am staying here again. The only reason I am not saying excellent is just because of the remote and iron thing. I swear I left that remote right on top of my bed. But they fixed it so no problem - just weird!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the feedback (sorry about the iron) and are glad you will be staying with us again in a few weeks. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me.

Scott McArthur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!