The Madison Hotel
Good 3.5/5
Red Carpet Inn(Whippany)
Hanover Marriott(Whippany)
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastconvent stationred dog tavernold worldhard boiled eggsrod's steak housedrew universitynew yorkbagelsturn down servicefresh fruitbeautiful hotelindoor poololder hotelnj transitwonderful stayinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thank you from the front desk, service desk down to the hotel maids and the G.K. Red Dog Tavern Staff. We definitely agree with their statement "Memorable Stay in a Classically Elegant Atmosphere". There is not much around the hotel but the Hotel itself gives you enough to see and do for a few days. The ambiance is unique. Loved it. Would go back and stay just because. I didn't offer comments on the Breakfast because we didn't have time to get any but it smelled and looked appetizing. I would love to have a small gathering here. See picture.

Room Tip: If they have a wedding reception and you go to sleep early you may want a room away from the pool side. We didn't mind because we went to bed after 10:00 p.m.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it and look forward to having you stay with us again. When you do please ask someone about all there is to see within a mile or two from the hotel in Morristown and/or Madison. You can even take the train for a nominal charge and be there in about 10 minutes. I am sire you will find enough to do and see to keep you busy. Thanks again and please visit soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at the Madison this week while traveling for business. This is my third stay at this property and it never disappoints. The hotel is truly a grande dame in beauty and the staff is friendly, helpful, and down to earth. Compared to other places that I stay for business travel, The Madison is heads above the rest. I highly recommend this property whenever you are staying in the Northern New Jersey area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank for your taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor as well as your loyalty to our hotel. We appreciate you returning to stay with us on a consistent basis and look forward to having you as a guest frequently in the future. I am glad we never have disappointed you in the past and I know we will all try our best to make sure we never do in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent 2 days here and took the train to New York I day and spent a night there. The hotel held our bags till we returned. It is a beautiful hotel and so close to the train station. We walked to get the train and they also have a good complimentary breakfast with fresh fruit and nice bakery items and more. It was wonderful. The only complaint I have is the people at the front desk are not very friendly. They acted like they were annoyed they had to check you in and out. No smiles and friendly banter. Just did not make you feel welcome. Everything else was great and wonderful comfortable beds. Would stay there again, just don't expect much from the people at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay. We all really appreciate them and are thrilled that you would stay with us again. I am sorry about the reception you received from our front desk staff and would love to hear more about it. Please call me at 862-345-5500 or email me at smcarthur@themadisonhotel.com and let me know what day and time you checked in. I truly apologize and as you can see from reading most of the other reviews below yours it truly is completely out of character for our team members to act that way. They are normally one of the best parts about staying with us based on what other guests have said (in fact many guests have been so impressed that they mentioned employees by name) so I really am interested in getting to the bottom of this so it never happens again. Again, I apologize and look forward to your response. We look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

When we were planning our wedding for June 9, 1984, we were searching for a hotel to stay after the wedding. I would occasionally drive pass the Madison Hotel and absolutely be loving the colonial look of the hotel and area. So, we booked our first night at the Madison and had a beautiful first night. On our fifth anniversary, 10th, 20th and occasionally an anniversary here and there we would return to the Madison and continued to have an awesome experience. This year is our 30th anniversary and we, again planned to spend the night at the Madison. Well, they gave us the MOST beautiful "Presidential Suite" for the evening that I will never forget!!!! I am still reliving that experience. Thank you Madison Hotel management for a beautiful 30th anniversary gift! :*** We also have absolutely LOVED the food at Rod's Ranch House and appreciate the "Romantic Package" that is available. We have recommended the Madison Hotel to everyone we know who is getting married and having an anniversary. Thank you, Scott! never met you, but want to sincerely THANK YOU! Rich and Karen Callahan

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in were beautiful, but this anniversary, wow, the "Presidential Suite" just awesome!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Happy 30th anniversary Rich and Karen! Best wishes for a healthy and happy future. It is truly our pleasure to celebrate with you not only your wedding 30 years ago but all your other milestones since then. We appreciate your loyalty and we are glad that on this special day we were able to upgrade you into our Presidential/Bridal Suite. We are glad you enjoyed it and appreciate your recommendations. Please feel free to reach out to me whenever we can be of service to you and we look forward to having you as a guest again and again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend and cannot say enough about how great our experience was! We were greeted warmly and sincerely by Wally the bartender at the tavern who although very busy took some time to chat with us about things to do in Morristown, and the upcoming World Cup.Our room was beautiful and all the staff pleasant and professional. Having the train station across the street makes it so convenient to try out the bars and restaurants and historical sites of Morristown.

Room Tip: We got a great rate through booking.com
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. We all appreciate them (especially Wally) and were glad to read that you found our rooms beautiful, our staff pleasant and professional and our location relative to the train very convenient. We look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.