“A true boutique hotel located on the beautiful grounds”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Delray Beach, Florida
“A true boutique hotel located on the beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have to say that the Madison Hotel is absolutely my favorite hotel that I've ever say that. That says a lot. The service is beyond compare. The feel of the hotel is conveniently located in historic Morristown, New Jersey. The hotel is charming. We stayed in the suite but I'm sure all of the rooms are very well appointed. They served a wonderful buffet breakfast at no charge. All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend that you try this hotel as you first choice when staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjs21255
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and the fact that you would not hesitate to recommend our hotel. We were thrilled to read you found the hotels service beyond compare and the complimentary breakfast wonderful. We look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new Jersey, USA
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel with a lot of charm. We just spend a night here while attending a wedding. The hotel was very nice. There are many comfortable /cozy indoor and outdoor areas to relax. It was very clean and well run. The room was clean and spacious. The pool was very nice. It was indoor , however it was in an atrium so you feel more like its outdoor with the benefits of being able to use it in all year. There was a continental breakfast. I did not go to so I cannot really comment on it. However there were plenty of people in common areas of the hotel having coffee and enjoying it. Great restaurant and bar that we enjoyed. The wedding was also at this hotel. It was simply beautiful !

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindakathleen
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are so glad that you had the opportunity to attend a wedding at our hotel. They truly are very special and quite beautiful. Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you found the hotel well run, very nice, classy, very clean with clean, spacious rooms a great restaurant and bar as well as a very nice pool. We hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is an older hotel and is classy looking from the outside. I was impressed by the service and the room. The bathroom toiletries are very good and a joy to use. It is true that this hotel is practically right next to the Convent Station NJ Transit train station. That is a plus for business travelers. This hotel also sits in an area where there are in the insurance business. I recommend this hotel especially for those business travelers.

A few points which can be pros or cons:
.After seeing this hotel and the entrance you will expect valet service and a bellhop. There were none at the ready even though there is a bellhop; he must be called upon to assist.
.The continental breakfast is okay. No meat provided and the hard boiled eggs had no taste. That was a first, perhaps they were not fresh? The fresh fruit was a major plus with many fresh blueberries.
.This hotel is used for many weddings and receptions. It is a nice place for them. We were there in June so the weekends are packed. This means not too many parking spaces are available. If you are handicapped there probably will be no spaces available if you arrive on a Saturday evening. Just be aware of this. We did and we had to park far.

Otherwise, enjoy this facility.

Room Tip: If a train whistle bothers you, ask for a room away from the train station. On the weekends, a room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really enjoyed your photos and appreciate your feedback. In response to your comment about hard boiled eggs I have throughout my life always found them to be rather bland tasting. For that reason and at our guests request we have always provided salt and pepper as a condiment to add a little flavor to them. If you have another condiment you recommend please let me know. Thanks again, I am thrilled that you were impressed with the service and look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Saco, Maine
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was so nice to stay at a hotel that was unique (in other words, not part of a chain). The hotel was very attractive with beautiful decor throughout. Service was totally efficient and a terrific continental breakfast. Price was also very reasonable. Although his was a few miles off our route, I would definitely go out if my way to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent with no special request
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We were thrilled to read that you found the hotel attractive with beautiful décor, the service efficient, the continental breakfast terrific and the price reasonable. We look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thank you from the front desk, service desk down to the hotel maids and the G.K. Red Dog Tavern Staff. We definitely agree with their statement "Memorable Stay in a Classically Elegant Atmosphere". There is not much around the hotel but the Hotel itself gives you enough to see and do for a few days. The ambiance is unique. Loved it. Would go back and stay just because. I didn't offer comments on the Breakfast because we didn't have time to get any but it smelled and looked appetizing. I would love to have a small gathering here. See picture.

Room Tip: If they have a wedding reception and you go to sleep early you may want a room away from the pool si...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it and look forward to having you stay with us again. When you do please ask someone about all there is to see within a mile or two from the hotel in Morristown and/or Madison. You can even take the train for a nominal charge and be there in about 10 minutes. I am sire you will find enough to do and see to keep you busy. Thanks again and please visit soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at the Madison this week while traveling for business. This is my third stay at this property and it never disappoints. The hotel is truly a grande dame in beauty and the staff is friendly, helpful, and down to earth. Compared to other places that I stay for business travel, The Madison is heads above the rest. I highly recommend this property whenever you are staying in the Northern New Jersey area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank for your taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor as well as your loyalty to our hotel. We appreciate you returning to stay with us on a consistent basis and look forward to having you as a guest frequently in the future. I am glad we never have disappointed you in the past and I know we will all try our best to make sure we never do in the future.

Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent 2 days here and took the train to New York I day and spent a night there. The hotel held our bags till we returned. It is a beautiful hotel and so close to the train station. We walked to get the train and they also have a good complimentary breakfast with fresh fruit and nice bakery items and more. It was wonderful. The only complaint I have is the people at the front desk are not very friendly. They acted like they were annoyed they had to check you in and out. No smiles and friendly banter. Just did not make you feel welcome. Everything else was great and wonderful comfortable beds. Would stay there again, just don't expect much from the people at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay. We all really appreciate them and are thrilled that you would stay with us again. I am sorry about the reception you received from our front desk staff and would love to hear more about it. Please call me at 862-345-5500 or email me at smcarthur@themadisonhotel.com and let me know what day and time you checked in. I truly apologize and as you can see from reading most of the other reviews below yours it truly is completely out of character for our team members to act that way. They are normally one of the best parts about staying with us based on what other guests have said (in fact many guests have been so impressed that they mentioned employees by name) so I really am interested in getting to the bottom of this so it never happens again. Again, I apologize and look forward to your response. We look forward to having you as a guest again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!