“Glad we tried it”

Sushi Lounge - Morristown
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Lounge - Morristown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Listen to the creative vibes resonating from the D.J. booth as you sit at the bar and enjoy tasteful tidbits or enticing conversation. Compliment the music, the company or simply the atmosphere with a libation mixed especially for you by our pleasurable staff. From traditional Japanese specialties, such as , Plum wine, Sake, infused, hot and chilled, to creative cocktails; with such an extensive selection to choose from, you might have to stay a while and try a few! Test out our mix masters talents with the martini of your choice, or create your own, never forgetting to take advantage of the half price special. If grapes are your chosen fruit, ask for the perfect wine to compliment your appetizer or entree. Do as the French do, begin and end you evening with a toast of champagne! Select from an extensive array of Japanese faire; from exotic to traditional, your favorites to something new, even the toughest culinary critic will be impressed. Lunch, dinner or take out, the variety and consistent quality of our cuisine will always maintain your interest and keep you coming back. Please look over our menu or stop by for one of our many chefs daily specialties.
Morristown
“Glad we tried it”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Was here the other evening for drinks and a few appetizers at Happy Hour pricing. The drinks were tasty - had a cucumber gimlet which was enjoyable. Also tried the calamari which was just average at best and the crab dumpling which was VERY tasty. Would go back for a quick drink and bite again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NJLeoOH
Joseph M, Owner at Sushi Lounge - Morristown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hello, NJLeoOH. We, too, are glad that you tried our restaurant. Thank you for your visit and kind words. We look forward to serving you again!

“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I really like this place for the quality of their sushi - the fresh beverages (I'll explain) and the atmosphere. The sushi is really really good but the quality of their beverages Is great. I especially love the pomegranate margaritas. Fresh ingredients and superb taste. Every drink I've had there (and I've been several times) has nothing but the best and freshest ingredients. Their sushi is incredible as well. I prefer their Morristown location to their Totowa location simply for the smaller atmosphere. This is not a "lounge" per se but it has a loungey feel and a DJ. The prices can be on the higher end but it you're like me I don't mind paying more money for better quality. I am never disappointed with their FOOD. The staff is another issue. I've been here probably 8 to 10 times and I have to say that the staff only gets about an average of a 3 in the ratings department. I've been there when I've had the BEST server ever but more often than not my server is distracted and not attentive. Talking to friends that frequent this place as well feel the same. Not very attentive and you have to flag them down for most things. Otherwise - this place is really good! I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Michelle C
Hello, Michelle. We thank you for your comments and compliments on the quality of our food and drinks. Your review allows us to inch toward our quest to impress each and every customer. We pride ourselves on offering our customers an overall experience and your comments on our service will allow us to improve in that area. Thank you, again for contributing. We look forward to your next visit and will work hard so that your experience with service will match your satisfaction of our food and drinks
“Good sushi, a bit pricey, after 8pm a young crowd.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

If I was 25 and could afford sushi this is where I would eat it! But as I approach 50, I make sure to get my food a bit earlier in the evening before the "pre-club" crowd enters the place. As I said, the food is good...the prices are rich...the service is great (and very attractive...again, if I was 25 this would be more of an incentive). The drink offerings are also good...I love the saki tasting menu...nice touch! Overall, it is worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Pitbull40
Denville, New Jersey
“Good sushi, bad tea, loud and crowded”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is your average sushi place cross-bred with a loud obnoxious bar atmosphere. The cuisine makes and attempt at being creative, and it's decent but nothing to write home about. The tables are too close and it's too loud inside, difficult to carry on a normal-volume conversation. The tea is awful, bitter, and warm instead of hot. I asked our waitress to make a new pot and I think she just waited a few minutes and brought me the same stuff. That's unacceptable to me because without good tea, the sushi might as well be dog food. I'll be avoiding this place unless a date insists on going, and I'll bring my own tea.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cassie M
new jersey
“For the clueless”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The food is good, albeit overpriced and the service is very good. I would say that the menu could be more focused on Japanese food as it presently seems a little too eclectic at the expense of authentic Japanese dishes.
It's the atmosphere however, that makes the Sushi Lounge a place not worthy of a second visit. Specifically, the very bizarre inclusion of a DJ spinning out an incessantly and completely inappropriate cacophony of loud dance club music which foils any attempt to enjoy the dining experience or communicate with your guest(s). I don't understand the concept at all and according to our waitress, neither did most other patrons. For some bizarre reason, it seems the owners ignore the complaints and insist on keeping the disco ambiance.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kevkon
Hello kevkon. Thank you for your review. Although we would like to hear that you adored your experience, it is comments like yours that have allowed us to be a work in progress for over 13 years. Our concept is to offer the highest quality of food, in a fun, enjoyable surrounding that our customers can make a complete night of. We feel that the music, if not too loud, really compliments our cuisine, which is of the finest quality. Although we understand it is not everyone's taste, it offers an atmosphere that we have found many to like in our 3 locations. It is absolutely up to us to control the volume, as we do know can get a bit loud at times. We look forward to you visiting again and enjoying the overall experience that Sushi Lounge has to offer!