“Nice hotel but needs a little updating in some of the elevators”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this Westing this weekend for my sisters wedding. Between my parents, my brother and I we had three rooms (30 something rooms in the block that we rented)
The rooms were really nice with my only complaint being that it seems like the toilet was an afterthought and there didn't seem to be enough room for it. The staff was really friendly and helped out with anything that we needed. The two down sides. 1) the wine bar was really expensive (3.50 for a soda) and the elevators were really bad. I mean it took us 20 min to get an elevator for the cart.. the rest of the time we ended up taking the stairs.

I would stay here again though I would ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors knowing what i know about the elevators.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear John L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize about the inconveniences you received at the Wine bar in the Blue Morel restaurant and the elevators. We are in the process of planning our elevator upgrades. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I live in Southeast PA and needed a place to stay the night before my niece's Christening in Madison (5-10 minutes away). I ended up leaving about 3 hours after I planned to and arrived about 11:00pm with my wife and two young daughters. I called in advance to make sure that they kept my reservation and was warmly reassured that I had nothing to worry about and they would be ready for us upon arrival. When I arrived, Brandon greeted me and my family and quickly had us checked-in and on our way to our room. When we reached the room, we realized that we had forgotten some toiletries that we needed before turning in. I called the front desk and they were delivered to my room within minutes (which I thought was pretty good for the time of night it was). The staff was wonderful, and my family felt very comfortable and at home in the room. I have since pointed family members there for whenever they are in the area, and I will be happy to stay there again next time!

Room Tip: Room 435 was great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Kris S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased to hear that we accomodated you with all your needs. Thank you for also acknowlegding one of our hard working staff members, Brandon. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds. Renovated nice rooms and fabulous shower. I was here for a work event and the meeting rooms were large and food was decent. The restaurant at the hotel was so so and the staff at the hotel was clueless. They had no idea where our group meeting was being held? We wondered around hotel for ten minutes asking employees and no one had a clue ! Would have gotten five stars otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Caztravels,

Thank you taking the time to write a review. I do apologize for your encounters with our hotel staff. I am gladd to hear that you enjoyed our Heveanly bed and shower. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a business meeting. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Good range of meeting room sizes. Recommend Grilled veggies for lunch and Blue Morel restaurant for dinner. Beds were so comfortable. Only issue meeting rooms and rooms for dining on opposite ends of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Realefun,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Heavenly beds. I will speak with our Executive Chef in regards to added more grilled vegetables to our menus. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were at the hotel for a wedding and the staff was so accommodating and friendly! The rooms are immaculately clean and the beds were devine!

We recommend that you make a point to stay here, if you are in the area!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Agree with the other reviews you see on this sight -- the service and staff at The Westin is tops! I had a week were I was in different cities and hotels every night (rare, I'm usually in the same place for a full week). I was already tired when I arrived. Check-in desk ladies were so sweet and professional. My room was large and I had plenty of space to work. Ordered room service and the food was really good, unlike other hotels in the area whose food is really bland. The gym has been overhauled in the last year and is descent -- much better than a Courtyard per se but there are some hotels in the area that partner with actual fitness facilities so the Westin can't beat that. Still, if you're looking to get in a good workout, there is plenty of new equipment to do so. But overall, my stay was great and I go back to the fact that everyone -- desk agents, bellmen, coffee kiosk attendants in the morning -- was extrememly professional, helpful, and nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Westin Governor Morris for a business conference. The first very pleasant surprise was the size of my room. I booked a standard room and got a very nice large room with a sitting area. The bathroom door was off the track and I told the front desk. It was fixed immediately. They could not be nicer.

The room was spotless and each day it was serviced the housekeeping staff did a lovely job.

The food and beverage service for the conference was excellent. It is generally hard for many hotels to provide high quality food and beverage for a large conference but not for the Westin. Everything was fresh, interesting choices and tasty.

The service at meals was excellent and they accommodated special requests.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure. This is the second time I have stayed there for a business meeting and both times were wonderful.

Stay here. You will be very happy and sleep very well!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear MuseNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the conference. We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room and the food at the meeting. We are delighted that we were able to fix the bathroom door in a timely manner. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
Hilton Short Hills
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 1 in Short Hills

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!