“Fabulous hotel & staff”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Chepachet, Rhode Island
“Fabulous hotel & staff”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

From the Reception/check in staff to Jessie at the Starbucks counter to Kirstin who helped me juggle my complicated reservation, everyone was fabulous. I ended up being at the hotel for 9 days for work. I chose to change rooms part way through (when I normally would have left to go home) because I was in the area where a block of wedding guests would be staying. The project I was working on required long, strenuous days and I didn't want to take a chance of being woken up by parties. The Westin became my home for 9 days straight and the friendliness of everyone I interacted with made that time a bit less difficult. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Amy G,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for also acknowledging two of are hard working staff members. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate all your needs. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
medford new york
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was my fifth time staying at this hotel. Obviously, I kept returning because I enjoyed it and the price has always been fair. This last visit was very disappointing. There was a large wet stain on the rug. I found a dried up, withered contact lens as I pulled the sheets back to go to bed, and the staff was very unprofessional. When I brought my concerns to the management she did handle it very well. She reduced my rate and apologized. I appreciated that, but it didn't take away from the disappointment I felt. I will try a different hotel next time that I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear MedfordNewYorkDotty,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the inconviences you held during your last stay with us at the Westin Governor Morris. I would like to speak with you directly in regards to this matter. I can be reached at 973-539-7300.

Randolph, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this Westing this weekend for my sisters wedding. Between my parents, my brother and I we had three rooms (30 something rooms in the block that we rented)
The rooms were really nice with my only complaint being that it seems like the toilet was an afterthought and there didn't seem to be enough room for it. The staff was really friendly and helped out with anything that we needed. The two down sides. 1) the wine bar was really expensive (3.50 for a soda) and the elevators were really bad. I mean it took us 20 min to get an elevator for the cart.. the rest of the time we ended up taking the stairs.

I would stay here again though I would ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors knowing what i know about the elevators.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear John L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize about the inconveniences you received at the Wine bar in the Blue Morel restaurant and the elevators. We are in the process of planning our elevator upgrades. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I live in Southeast PA and needed a place to stay the night before my niece's Christening in Madison (5-10 minutes away). I ended up leaving about 3 hours after I planned to and arrived about 11:00pm with my wife and two young daughters. I called in advance to make sure that they kept my reservation and was warmly reassured that I had nothing to worry about and they would be ready for us upon arrival. When I arrived, Brandon greeted me and my family and quickly had us checked-in and on our way to our room. When we reached the room, we realized that we had forgotten some toiletries that we needed before turning in. I called the front desk and they were delivered to my room within minutes (which I thought was pretty good for the time of night it was). The staff was wonderful, and my family felt very comfortable and at home in the room. I have since pointed family members there for whenever they are in the area, and I will be happy to stay there again next time!

Room Tip: Room 435 was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Kris S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased to hear that we accomodated you with all your needs. Thank you for also acknowlegding one of our hard working staff members, Brandon. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds. Renovated nice rooms and fabulous shower. I was here for a work event and the meeting rooms were large and food was decent. The restaurant at the hotel was so so and the staff at the hotel was clueless. They had no idea where our group meeting was being held? We wondered around hotel for ten minutes asking employees and no one had a clue ! Would have gotten five stars otherwise.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Caztravels,

Thank you taking the time to write a review. I do apologize for your encounters with our hotel staff. I am gladd to hear that you enjoyed our Heveanly bed and shower. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a business meeting. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Good range of meeting room sizes. Recommend Grilled veggies for lunch and Blue Morel restaurant for dinner. Beds were so comfortable. Only issue meeting rooms and rooms for dining on opposite ends of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Realefun,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Heavenly beds. I will speak with our Executive Chef in regards to added more grilled vegetables to our menus. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were at the hotel for a wedding and the staff was so accommodating and friendly! The rooms are immaculately clean and the beds were devine!

We recommend that you make a point to stay here, if you are in the area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!