“ROMMEL, BRANDON AND CHRISTIAN - Amazing!!”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“ROMMEL, BRANDON AND CHRISTIAN - Amazing!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

These amazing men, Rommel, the Front Supervisor, and Brandon and Christian, front desk agents, were at every turn and had everything handled. The barista at the coffee bar, who had a line and sometimes impatient people, was always smiling and pleasant. The hotel of course is beautiful and rooms clean. But HOSPITALITY is what is going on here. Amazing.
You will feel welcomed each time you walk in to the lobby, and when you leave you will feel like you are leaving friends.
I always say it's the little things. Truly these amazing young men are on their game, but more than that, they care about and enjoy what they do. This hotel is by far the best experience I have had because of them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Siobhan T,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for also acknowledge three of our hard working staff members. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, PA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin for a wedding nearby. Our check in and check out were both quick and easy. The room was spacious and the beds were amazing. We had a room with two double beds and we had lots of room and it was very clean. My only complaint is that while there were plenty of hand towels and wash cloth, there was only on full sized towel in the room..Not a big deal to ask for an extra, but a little weird that there was only one in a room with 2 beds and 2 guests. Otherwise, great service, shuttle, and overall experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ehudecek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a wedding. I do apologize for the inconvenience you received with the towels in your room. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

North, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful staff !!! We have stayed so many places and this staff was so great. I observed how each staff member made every single person feel welcome and important. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms comfortable, and clean. Great restaurant with wine bar in the lobby, coffee barista, in the lobby, with really good coffee to purchase. Very special.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jobinit,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear that our staff made you feel welcomed and enjoyed the lobby, guestroom, Blue Morel restaurant, and our Opus cafe. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stayed here many times. Management is committed to improvement. Most rooms are nicely renovated. The rooms are large with "heavenly" bed. Hallway noise sometimes a problem but generally quiet. The air-conditioning units in the rooms are a bit nosy when running. The bathrooms are a bit small with shower heads in need of work. The restaurant Blue Morel in the hotel is excellent with large wine list (also many choices by the glass). The new fitness center (now located off the lobby) is a big improvement with new aerobic machines and adequate assortment of free weights. Newspapers are all free. The internet worked very well across many devices. The shuttle service is great for local trips (to downtown Morristown). The staff from reception to bell hop were all very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Johnanddon1,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the renovated guestrooms, new Westin Workout Facility, and the Blue Morel restaurant. I am sorry to hear about shower head and the noise from the AC/ Heating unit in the room. We are in the process of changing over to the new Westin Heavenly shower heads. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We recently experience an overnight stay for a wedding we attended and were very pleased from check-in to check-out. Our request for a late check-out and early check-in made our stay much less rushed and more pleasant. It also enabled us to spend more time with friends also attending the wedding.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dale S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your requests for your early check-in and your extended check-out time. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris during your next visit to Morristown, NJ.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here for a wedding that was happing here so I did not choose the place. The hotel was nice enough but our room had several issues. The toilet had a leak in the tank so it ran every few minutes. The shower leaked onto the floor. The ceiling had water damage and the paint was peeling. The beds were awesome! From what I was told this hotel has been in place for a long time and it was renovated in the past few years. The staff was alright. They kicked us out of the bar and into the lobby at 1:30am even though the bar didn’t close until 2am. I was later told it was because the city was trying to shut them down. Two mixed drinks were $27 plus, but I guess I should expect that at a Hotel bar right. I only stayed one night and informed them of the problems with the room. The guy at the desk was like “ok I notify engineering, bye.”

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Dkuz,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I do apologize about the inconveniences you received during your say with us. Please contact me directly to speak further about your stay. I can be reached at 973-539-7300.

Pelham Manor, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed overnight at the Westin Governor Morris to make the early start of the Gran Fondo New Jersey -- a wonderful, challenging bike event thanks to the hills and beauty of the area. But I also enjoyed the proximity to the historic sites connected to the American Revolution, including the statue of George Washington I encountered along my walk to/from the hotel into "downtown" Morristown.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, so I got a good night's sleep prior to my bike ride. It is conveniently located close to the highway and reasonable close to downtown. Most folks would drive, but I prefer walking and was able to do so, although sidewalks are not available in some places. It also was a short, easy bike ride from the start of the ride, making it convenient to leave one's car in the lot to do the Fondo.

My only complaint was when I had lunch in the hotel restaurant. I ordered the lobster roll and, while it was tasty, I felt cheated on the amount of lobster. The waitstaff was helpful and responsive, but the answer they procured felt more like an excuse (the chef measures a specific amount and that had been provided). I suggested they might want to reduce the size of the brioche roll, which was much larger than needed for the amount of lobster meat included or in general considering how folks are watching their carb intake these days. My sense is my mistake was in the item I ordered, not in the quality of the food overall. And certainly the waitstaff was professional and courteous.

Overall, I was happy with my accommodations and would return to the hotel again. (Even with a wedding going on, I did not encounter noise problems, which was important because of my early event the next morning.) And they let you keep your bike in the room, which was an added convenience as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear KGTraveler_13,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the guestrooms, Blue Morel restaurant, and the local historical sites. I have passed along your suggesting to the kitchen in regards to the Lobster Roll. We hope the Gran Fondo went well this year and we can't wait to be apart of the event again next year. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!