“Great service, good restaurant”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 21 February 2014

In general very happy with this property:
1- Service is consistently good. As a business traveler who stays every week, they consistently go the extra mile to make sure I'm comfortable. They've plowed my car out of the snow, arranged meeting rooms on very short notice, and gone out of their way to make it feel like home. Once in particular they went well above and beyond what I expected to apologize for a small mistake I made -- my breakfast order got lost and Dianne Coogen comped my bfast, sent a nice gift to apologize and sent a voucher for a free drink. Truly excellent service and recognizing SPG plantinum customers!
2- The restaurant is a good restaurant, and an extremely good hotel restaurant

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Lecinqmai,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your loyalty not only to the Starwood brand but also to the Westin Governor Morris. I am pleased to read that you enjoy your weekly visits and we are able to make you feel at home. Thank you for also acknowledging one of our hardworking employees, Dianne Coogen. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This medium-sized property was quite welcoming on a cold weekend. The bellman were prompt in helping in with my luggage and then the lobby had a large, yet cozy fireplace warming up the area next to check-in.

We opted to stay in a suite and while it was spacious, the feeling of the room just didn’t have quite the level that I have experienced at other Westin properties. The room needs an update to modernize the ambience and the bathroom could be made new. Just to be clear, the room was not bad and we did get a good night’s sleep, it’s perhaps just not to the level of other Westin properties. (A quick sidenote - I got to spend a day in the Presidential Suite and it was very specious and nice.)

The bar was really outstanding in its selection (especially the scotch and whiskies). The service was prompt but one slight negative - they booted us out at 1 am even though we were a very large wedding party spending lots of money at the bar. The bar is also part of the restaurant, Blue Morel and I can’t wait to return to eat at the restaurant. On a cold evening, the warm hues and intimate atmosphere provided a welcoming ambience.

There was an outdoor pool but this property could maybe use a heated pool or an indoor pool. The exercise room was small but had all the basic cardio and weight equipment. It was also stocked properly with towels, water, and headphones.

Overall, the service was excellent and the people really seemed to care about your experience. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bt_mpls_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdivor. I was pleased to hear all your positive feedback about the property. We will also use your feedback to enhance the hotel for out future renovations. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Morristown, New Jersey.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I spent the weekend of my birthday at the Westin Governor Morris in what has now become a yearly tradition. My wife and I love this hotel and spent a few nights here after our wedding. When we arrived on Friday, Christian took fantastic care of us and gave us the warm welcome expected from Westin. The room was great; large and comfortable with a fantastic bed and shower. In room dining was prompt and delicious, and the service that we received at the Blue Moral was on point. I love the modern meets classic look of the Westin Governor Morris. The property has such character and charm. When it was time to leave, we truly did not want to, and we can't wait to go back next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear your birthday getaway at the Westin Governor Morris left you feeling refreshed. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Heavenly bed, Heavenly shower, and your dinner in the Blue Morel. Thank you for also acknowledging one of our hard working staff members, Christian. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I greatly enjoyed my recent stay at the Westin Governor Morris. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was excellent and the television was a large flat screen with lots of good channel choices. The staff was helpful and accommodating.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Villanoleva,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel guest room and the Heavenly shower. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Morristown, New Jersey.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was recently at the Governor Morris for two nights for a business meeting and had a very pleasant stay. The staff is friendly and amenable to requests and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The only downside to this hotel are the walls, which are paper thin. Several of my colleagues were kept awake during the night and I too, had issues.

Dear Lizinmd,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor about the Westin Governor Morris. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to fix the acoustics during our next renovations. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A one day business trip was extended due to a major snow storm and Dianne Coogen made our trip away from home and our kitties comfortable. Dianne excelled at considering our emotions while we were so far away from home. Great customer service like Dianne showed us is rare and we would return to her hotel based on how she cared for us. We both thank Dianne for making this trip a success. Debbie and Patrick

Room Tip: Based on Dianne Coogen's knowledge and care for the customer I would allow her to provide tips o...

Dear Dtyler16,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy we were able to help you with your accomodations due to the snow storm. Thank you for acknowledging one of our hard working employees, Dianne Coogen. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here on a business trip just recently.

Good hotel with nice lobby and helpful staff.

Rooms are good but the bathroom very small.

Main issue was the restaurant Blue Morel had only a buffet the first night I stayed due to issues with staff getting in because of the weather. I understand this but the buffet was not good and food poor.

Overall was good but not superb.

Dear HullPhil,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for not having a full menu at the Blue Morel on your first evening staying with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your guestroom and the hotel lobby. We look forward to your next stay with us here at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
5 mi away
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#7 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!