“Beautiful Hotel Heavenly beds”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A block of rooms had been reserved for a wedding, we had a great time and the desk people were exceptional. The room was large enough that I never got that closed in motel room feel.The bar off the lobby was a great place to have a drink and a snack between events. The only negative was when we left for the wedding at 2PM we expected our room to be cleaned when we came back at 4:30 the room had not been cleaned and there was no one left to do it. We were told the one in charge of our wing had left before we did,e were given clean towels.
On our last morning I had a little misstep in the lobby and all of the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
I would definitely stay here again it is a well kept, higher end hotel for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors with a nice view of the area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindagerr
colinankersen, Front Office Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Lindageer,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I am pleased to hear the positive comments about my employees and your hotel accommodations. I apologize for the room not being re-freshened while you were at the wedding. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My mom died and we were looking for a hall to have her repass after the church. We scoured the area, visiting many hotels and halls, but chose the Westin Governor Morris for the compassion, concern, and attention to detail that they demonstrated in our time of grief.
Joyce Beighley listened to everything we wanted and followed through-- the beautiful hall , the excellent buffet, and wonderful service was spectacular. Joyce listened to all our concerns and put our mind at ease.
I would HIGHLY recommend the Westin for any function you are planning.
Mom's repass was a celebration with the class she deserved thanks to the Westin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Room was very clean .The cleaning people and check in staff were friendly and accommodating.
I travel in a wheelchair. At check in got a regular room cause a 'accessible' one was not available 2 weeks prior to check in and upon day of check in. Desk staff upgraded room to one that was accessible upon seeing my handicap and did not charge extra. Prices in the restaurant were high and service/food was good.

Room Tip: Did not travel with kids nor take in the spa so could not rate them more than average.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Geronimoone,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to accomodate you with an accessible room. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We arrived at this hotel and were greeted by a very friendly staff on check in. Our two rooms were ready on the 4th floor. The beds were very comfortable as they say heavenly. The room was comfortable and it was bitter cold outside. We had drinks at the bar before going to a concert at Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown. The hotel is conveniently located about a mile from Morristown. Bar service was quick and very friendly. We returned later that evening for drinks at the bar which does close at midnight. In the morning, we went to the Blue Morel Restaurant for breakfast. It is a buffet that costs about $15.00 a person but food was good and the waiter was very friendly as well. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have previously reviewed this hotel and gave it 5 stars and this is no exception. The room I had on the 4th floor was a bit disappointing. The heating system could not keep the room at 68 on a 15 degree night...it kept it hotter than 68 and blew all night. We had our business meeting and the service and food was excellent. The hotel staff were as always friendly, helpful and professional. This is a Hotel worth staying at.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Travelingman1212,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you came back to stay with us again. We appreciate your business. I am pleased to hear all the positive comments about the hotel and the staff. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with the heating system in the room. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

In general very happy with this property:
1- Service is consistently good. As a business traveler who stays every week, they consistently go the extra mile to make sure I'm comfortable. They've plowed my car out of the snow, arranged meeting rooms on very short notice, and gone out of their way to make it feel like home. Once in particular they went well above and beyond what I expected to apologize for a small mistake I made -- my breakfast order got lost and Dianne Coogen comped my bfast, sent a nice gift to apologize and sent a voucher for a free drink. Truly excellent service and recognizing SPG plantinum customers!
2- The restaurant is a good restaurant, and an extremely good hotel restaurant

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Lecinqmai,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your loyalty not only to the Starwood brand but also to the Westin Governor Morris. I am pleased to read that you enjoy your weekly visits and we are able to make you feel at home. Thank you for also acknowledging one of our hardworking employees, Dianne Coogen. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This medium-sized property was quite welcoming on a cold weekend. The bellman were prompt in helping in with my luggage and then the lobby had a large, yet cozy fireplace warming up the area next to check-in.

We opted to stay in a suite and while it was spacious, the feeling of the room just didn’t have quite the level that I have experienced at other Westin properties. The room needs an update to modernize the ambience and the bathroom could be made new. Just to be clear, the room was not bad and we did get a good night’s sleep, it’s perhaps just not to the level of other Westin properties. (A quick sidenote - I got to spend a day in the Presidential Suite and it was very specious and nice.)

The bar was really outstanding in its selection (especially the scotch and whiskies). The service was prompt but one slight negative - they booted us out at 1 am even though we were a very large wedding party spending lots of money at the bar. The bar is also part of the restaurant, Blue Morel and I can’t wait to return to eat at the restaurant. On a cold evening, the warm hues and intimate atmosphere provided a welcoming ambience.

There was an outdoor pool but this property could maybe use a heated pool or an indoor pool. The exercise room was small but had all the basic cardio and weight equipment. It was also stocked properly with towels, water, and headphones.

Overall, the service was excellent and the people really seemed to care about your experience. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bt_mpls_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdivor. I was pleased to hear all your positive feedback about the property. We will also use your feedback to enhance the hotel for out future renovations. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Morristown, New Jersey.

Colin Ankersen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#2 of 6 in Whippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#6 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!