“Beautiful and convenient”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
“Beautiful and convenient”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although this hotel is quite old, a recent renovation makes it feel fresh and beautiful. The lobby is quite elegant, although during our stay there was a large party having an event there so we didn't spend much time there. Rooms are not large but are well appointed with extremely comfortable beds. There is just enough sparkle to make it feel like a local hotel rather than a generic chain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Dlback,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to know you enjoyed your accomodations with your room with the well-known Westin Heavenly bed. We hope to see you again during your next stay in Morristown, NJ.

Colin Ankersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Squantum, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. The staff is very professional and friendly, our room was very comfortable, LOVE that 'heavenly bed'! This is a very pretty place to visit, the town is beautiful and has lots to do. The hotel is easy to get to, in a quiet area, close to amenities.

Room Tip: We faced the front of the building, I thought that might be noisy but it wasn't. Choose a room f...
Green Features: They never made up our room (our only problem) but I agree with being conscious of waste
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Smaartone,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure reading your positive feeback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad yoy enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Bed. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at the Governor Morris Inn last Friday night--everything was superb as was the food in the Blue Morel restaurant. Weekend price was very reasonable, too. It was right off highway 287 which made it easy access to continue our weekend travels, too.

Room Tip: Frankly I didn't look for Kids activities or the spa but this internet form won't let me sub...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear KathLor1927,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, the Blue Morel. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Morristown, NJ.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel has been around for a while - a long while - but clearly renovation after renovation they have kept the building in decent shape. The desk staff was brilliant - one young many from Hungary at check in - reconized SPG status immediately and was pleasant yet not intrusive. Later desk staff went out of their way with numerous phone calls to find a restaurant I was looking for in town. Shuttle was made available and the driver was super. He managed to be humorous, pleasant and humble in one trip into town - tried to refuse a tip but we insisted. Nice. Room was clean (almost - signs of hair --- get one of those sticky things and do a last minute back out of the rooms sweep - but we ae all primates - so hair will occasionally stray). Complimentary water in room - nice. Restaurant staff was so-so - BAR great - but restaurant in general rather "automaton". No name tags on staff in restaurant - get them. Asked for limes for the room - PM person rather grupy to provide -- Starbucks staff in AM VERY friendly and pleasant. Location good. I noticed a review recently about oversold...if you did not get a reminder of your travel in 4 months - there is a red flag that you should call the hotel --- I travel a great deal and reminders come in electronically days before travel...occasionally we are all at technology trumped - trust but verify. Will be back.

Green Features: This hotel has recycling as well as an option for cash back if you don't have room cleaned - good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was booked by my supplier , the area is quite nice, well groomed houses with wonderful gardens; hotel fits well in the area ; lobby is imposing with nice flowers ; then we you arrive in the elevator , you think it would need to be refreshed ; it smells "old" ; smell was worse in the room , mould and terrible when i put the heating. They have slash windows which were dirty outside and without curtains so not really nice. Good size table to work. Lightning is good. Bed is excellent , very good matress , soft blankets and good pillows ;heating/AC quite noisy as almost always the case in the States !! ( i am french) bathroom really small with no room for our amenities ; but clean.A coffe machine but why starbucks coffee, it is tasteless !! I had diner in the restaurant Morel : I was alone , god how depressive , a huge dark room , terrible smell of dishwasher or sink , cold temperature. Waitress was quite nice and efficient , I had the crab cake which was excellent and a glass of wine : however quite expensive. Breakfast was in that same dining room , same feeling dark even in the morning , gloomy ; so place is nice but really need some refreshment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Balay29,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the Westin Heavenly bed and dinner in the Blue Morel restaurant. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Congrats Westin, you get one of my rare one star reviews.

You canceled my reservation that I booked four months in advance because you were oversold because of weddings in the building. Here's what's wrong with this:

1) I booked FOUR months early, how do you oversell MY room?
2) Who gives you the right to place preference of a wedding customer over any other customer?
3) You sent me an EMAIL 3 hours before check in. Why wait that long? I don't care that you 'tired calling' because I never got a call nor a voice mail. I flew in from California to this? No thanks. Keep calling and find me ASAP. Don't give up after one attempt.

4) Here's the real funny part: I WAS PART OF THE WEDDING PARTY!!! So you gave away the room of someone in the wedding!

I booked online then called personally to make sure I was marked down as part of the wedding, which they didn't do. You stated I would be refunded for my inconvenience, which I wasn't. I care little that you put me up in another hotel and provided transportation because of how large the inconvenience was that I had to be away from my friends and the after gathering on the night of their wedding. What I care greatly about is that you're not holding to your word on my refund nor reached out as you said you would. And you had no remorse for the inconvenience.

tl&dr:
I can only comment on the customer service, which was damn horrible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheeAlphaOmega
Dear TheeAlphaOmega,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Westin Governor Morris. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I do apologize that we were unaware of your reservation being a part of the wedding block since it was booked outside of the group block. I will be happy to look into the refund for you for the inconvenience. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We arrived from Belfast for a wedding and from the time we checked in to the time we checked out the customer service was of the highest order. The staff went out if their way to ensure that we felt at home.
The hotel is decorated to the highest standard and our room was spacious and the bed very comfortable - I can't recommend it highly enough.
Steve and Lesley.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve D,

Thank you for the positive review on TripAdvisor about the Westin Governor Morris. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Short Hills
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!