“Surprised”

Ramada London Stansted Airport
Knighton, United Kingdom
“Surprised”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Booked through Travel REpublic at a very good price as I had an early flight.
Comfortable and quiet room with good shower and inclusive continental breakfast served from 4.00 am
Could not fault but would not pay their headline rate

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was a relatively budget hotel but very comfortable and warm and perfect for overnight stays. I was merely picking up girlfriend up from Stansted airport but it was only a 5-10 minute drive away so quite convenient and it's in the service station on the motorway so such easy access.

I did make the mistake of first visiting the Days Inn Hotel, as when you arrive you drive towards the rear of the services and are confronted with a choice of Days Hotel or Days Inn Hotel on signs indicating to go straight on or right. This hotel is on the right hand side. I would highly recommend remembering which hotel you are booked into but apparently I'm not the only person to have made that mistake!

It was late in the evening when I arrived so was very handy I could check in this late, and I was greeted by a very friendly man behind reception who was incredibly helpful and chatty. I only wish I'd taken his name so I could mention him here.

The hotel itself is much like a Holiday Inn or similar so you know what you will get but it's more than enough when all you really need is somewhere comfortable to put your head down. You also are able to park your car within the usual services parking area, just remember to note this down with the receptionist on their system as they use ANPR. I think it covers you until about midday on the day of checkout.

The hotel does offer breakfast but was very expensive really and we didn't take the option due to one of the best things about the hotel: it's in the services hence access to a number of 24 hour stores! There was a starbucks and a fast food restaurant (can't remember which) and a little Waitrose etc so everything you might need. It was very handy to get a late night decaff coffee/hot chocolate and then in the morning we had breakfast in there for much cheaper than in the hotel.

I must admit I thought it's location might be the worst thing about it but now realise it was the highlight in many ways due to the convenience of it. I would thoroughly recommend using it for the airport or as a stop off from the motorway and will be using it myself if I ever have to fly from Stansted in future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My friend and I stayed at stanstead , booked for 3 nights on the 5, 6 ,7 th of MAY 2012.
The reception staff were freindly, but made a mistake with our bills,my room was a double, the carpets and curtains smelt of sweat, the bathroom door lock was broken,the extractor fan made a loud rattling noise that went on for 20mins after turning off, as i take my own tea bags ,the coffee/tea was removed from my room and not replaced .My friends room smelt very strongley of smoke ,when she complained they said they would fix it, it did'nt fix the smell which for a none smoker was bad, overall , it was close to were we were going every day ,but, I would never use these Day hotels/Inns again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bishops Stortford hotels

Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We arrived mid evening and had to leave in the early hours for our flight so our time there was short. The room was clean and the bed comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer etc.

Stansted is just a few minutes drive away, making this an ideal location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed here for couple hours. Gave early breakfast which was good. Clean room. Booked with lowcostholidays.com paid £36 for night. Taxi is £10 to airport which hotel organised. Fine for what I needed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Great Yarmouth, England
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed here twice now, and I have to say that my first stay was a better experience than this one.
We stayed in an Executive Room. It looked a bit tired from the last time we stayed, but OK. Wi-Fi was free, which is always good. Why do some Hotels charge you for it? We expected free soft drinks and nibbles with the Executive Room, but not in this one. Checked with reception next day and they said we should have had them? Oh well.. never mind... I guess I should have asked sooner. Anyway, good location for Stansted Airport, and the highly-priced, over-the-top, Welcome Break next door. It ought to be called a *Kings Ransom" If I stay in the Birchanger Service Area again, I would probably stay at the Days Inn, which is at the back of the Service Area, as our last visit at that one was a better experience. Don't get me wrong, this hotel is OK, and it is what it is.. a budget hotel. OK for a one night stopover with amenities next door.

Room Tip: If you book an Executive Room check that you have the "Extras"
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zggb0b
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a regular stop for me when I'm in the area. Nice modern hotel with good rooms and a comfortable bed. Air conditioned throughout and has free wi-fi. The bathrooms are a wetroom style which I like as well. All in all a great hotel.

Room Tip: Sometimes the workplace rooms which are bigger than standard. are cheaper. Also look out for the £5...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishops Stortford
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,435 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,946 reviews
Hilton London Stansted Airport
Hilton London Stansted Airport
#3 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,105 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,161 reviews
Little Hallingbury Mill
Little Hallingbury Mill
#1 of 1 in Little Hallingbury

Been to Ramada London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!