“Nice food but Sunday breakfast service poor”
Review of Cafe Rouge - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Went there with the family. I think that there was only 1 chef and 1 waiter. It took ages for the food to come but when it arrived it was good. Shame the pot of tea was cold when the food came. I would be wary to go again as the service lets the food down

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Four of us dined at cafe rouge, we arrived at 7pm we all had 2 courses plus drinks, by the time we had been served and paid the bill it was 9.30 which shows what the standard of service was like. The food when it eventually arrived was quite good but is overpriced, I notice they are giving vouchers for 50% off which would make it about the right price.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Been here before and food was ok and now its improved so much they must of changed the head chef or something well worth the visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

My husband and I ordered the special, yes it was economical but we were not terribly hungry & also wine & beer. well that set the tone , our server never came back to see if we wanted another drink, didnt ask how was our meal, We waited a very long time for the check, We noticed other patrons who also ordered the special got the same indifferent service, while ones ordering more elaborate meals got very attentive service. This is terrible, they were not that busy , so do yourself a favor and eat elsewhere!

1  Thank loislaneNy/nj
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My Husband and I recently visited Cafe Rouge in Bishops Stortford and we were most pleased that we chose there to eat , the food and service was excellent, the staff were friendly and extremely kind.