“Nice stay”

Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Reviewed 16 January 2013

According to made reviews, I could just repeat that the hotel offers clean and big rooms, that all the receptionists were very kind and that the breakfast was enough and cheap. If you are coming from Stansted Airport, it will be just about 10 minutes with the bus. It could be that no buses are driving after 6 pm, take care!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This hotel is only a short bus ride (#308) away from Stansted. The bus stop is right behind the hotel. The room was large and the free internet worked perfectly. Tea, coffee, towels, and bath gel were provided. There is a welcome break center right next to it with a few shops, including a supermarket and some fast food places. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is offered at a very low rate. Slept well at this quiet hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Just returned home after spending 3 nights at Days Inn, room was lovely and clean, staff were accommodating and very pleasant. We were made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Considering how close we were to the airport we never heard a thing. Would not hesitate staying here again. A great big thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I usually avoid these motorway hotels/motels like the plague but on this visit it was the convenient & cheap option for me and a colleague for 1 night. There are two Day's Inn's on the site so finding the right one is the first challenge. Its a bit worn but the room was large & clean and not as noisy as I feared given its location. The staff (Angela) very helpful and a good guide to a local pub by foot. I would always prefer a good b&b to such places but if needs must then this is a value-for-money option.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

When I first arrived at the days I guess that I had fairly low expectations, it's a fairly cheap hotel close-ish to London. So actually I was fairly pleasantly surprised given the rate.

The hotel room I got was an executive room, it was much as you would expect from such a cheap hotel: a bed (of course not the most comfortable ever), a bath with shower, a tv with about 10 channels, tea and coffee making facilities and the icing on the cake was the free WiFi. The rooms while lacking personality were clean enough which was a big tick in my book.

There were however a couple of things that kind of bugged me, firstly a minor issue upon arrival I was greeted by a receptionist and was told to put my car into the computer, all done on ANPR so this seemed easy enough. It asked me for my registration and the length of my stay, which first I put 4 days as I'm in the hotel for 4 nights, then it clicked it was saying days not nights so I changed it to 5. I only mention this as someone else reviewing the hotel mentioned that they'd gotten a fine for parking and it made me wonder if they had fallen into this trap?

My next issue came as I entered the room, the heater had clearly been on full blast in my room for much of the day. The room was so hot that it was barely habitable. I had to turn off the heater, switch it to fan, open the Windows and leave the room for about half an hour before I could stand the temperature and even then it was roasting most of the night.

The next day I arrived to find my room key didn't work so had to go back to reception and the next day I found the same. When I spoke to reception I got told that it was "her again" and that she's constantly messing up the keycards by doing them for a single night. Fair enough but be professional about it and talk to her about it behind closed doors, not moaning to the customer about it!!

Overall not the worst stay I've had and for the price it was more than acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very basic hotel with no bar or restaurant. Your only option for food is the motorway services and do not sell alcohol. Rooms are basic but clean with a comfortable bed. The shower head in the bathroom had seen better days and sprayed in every direction except where you wanted it. The lift was out of order during my stay and no staff offered assistance with bags. The hotel is convenient for the airport and is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed one night. Staff friendly,helpful and welcoming but let down by the poor environment.. Room looked tired and was not properly cleaned. The bed was not very comfortable and the noise from traffic was intrusive. This is the first time I have stayed in a Days Inn for several years and it appears that the cost of staying has increased significantly and standards have slipped. Will probably avoid in future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thankyou for your feedback and your kind words in regards to our staff. I apologise for your stay not being as expected and please know we are in the process of decorating to bring the rooms up to standard. We have already had new carpets fitted and new bathrooms which give a fresh modern feel to our hotel. I noticed you scored us low on cleanliness, this is being address with our cleaning company and new procedures are being implemented to improve our service to our guests. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Travelodge Stansted Bishops Stortford Hotel
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
#3 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet

Been to Days Inn London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!