Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
George Hotel(Bishops Stortford)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Little Hallingbury Mill(Little Hallingbury)
  • Pool
All reviewsservice areaburger kingcontinental breakfastbudget hotelfree wififamily rooman overnight staylarge roomplenty of hot waterminute driveconvenient locationchecking inplenty of parkingtea and coffeecomfy bedkfcwaitrose
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip down to Colchester and there is nothing on this earth that can persuade me to come back here.

It was all about a spider.......

I was horrified to find what I found in my bed. This was a dead spider in what was in fact a very clean room. It had been strategically placed, underneath a cushion that was placed on top of my pillows.

The hotel instantly changed my room and offered me a free breakfast but at the end of the day, sort out your housekeeping staff as that stinks of a resentful member of staff pranking the customers.

New bed and room fully searched from top to bottom and did not have a good night at all.

Sorry I cant give any further insight but that just completely ruined my stay.

Room Tip: My spider infested room was room 7....stay away!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Bishops Stortford . I would like to deeply apologise that your stay did not meet with your expectations.

We have extremely high cleanliness standards at the hotel. I have spoken in depth with the house keeping team as we take incidents such as this very seriously. I can confirm, however that when the team checked the room, the spider was not present. I can only conclude that this one off occurrence is something of a "chance" incident. I have since, instructed the Housekeeping team to remain extra vigilant when checking the rooms.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to my attention, and I do hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

The Days Inn group provide budget hotels across the UK. The Days Inn at Bishop's Stortford is no different from many other Days Inn locations. Due to the fact that they offer smoking rooms the corridors and general communal areas can occassionally smell of stale cigarette smoke.

Check in was fast and efficient with your car details being logged so that you don't fall foul of the all seeing cameras and risk getting a £100 parking fine. Make sure you get your vehicle logged for 24 hour free parking if you are staying at the hotel. There is a 2 hour limit on parking for Welcome Break users.

What makes this hotel special and what makes it stand apart from other hotels is the staff. Everyone here especially Megan the nice lady from South Africa is just so good at making people feel welcome. You get the impression that nothing is too much trouble.

The main lobby area has ample seating and there are vending machines and quiet areas to sit. There is a very good breakfast bar seating area and the breakfasts served at this Days Inn are excellent value for money and with plenty of choice.

The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. All the things you would expect like hair dryers, tea and coffee facilities etc ( even a fridge ) are all present and the bed is very comfortable.

For business travellers I can report that the wi-fi works particularly well with no issues and it is also free. The hotels offers special prices for water, some sweets and chocolate bars. They seem to go out of their way to provide good value for money at this establishment.

Next door in the Welcome Break Services you have a choice of Burger King, a Pizza outlet, KFC and a Waitrose Store as well as access to a couple of general stores and a Starbucks.

All in all you get a good deal here plus the bonus of friendly and efficient staff. Would I stay here again? You but. In fact I have already re-booked!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2013

According to made reviews, I could just repeat that the hotel offers clean and big rooms, that all the receptionists were very kind and that the breakfast was enough and cheap. If you are coming from Stansted Airport, it will be just about 10 minutes with the bus. It could be that no buses are driving after 6 pm, take care!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This hotel is only a short bus ride (#308) away from Stansted. The bus stop is right behind the hotel. The room was large and the free internet worked perfectly. Tea, coffee, towels, and bath gel were provided. There is a welcome break center right next to it with a few shops, including a supermarket and some fast food places. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is offered at a very low rate. Slept well at this quiet hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Just returned home after spending 3 nights at Days Inn, room was lovely and clean, staff were accommodating and very pleasant. We were made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Considering how close we were to the airport we never heard a thing. Would not hesitate staying here again. A great big thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends