We stayed here the night of 10th September. When we arrived at the services we went to the wrong Days Inn, there are two on the site, Days Hotel and Days Inn (we were staying at the Inn) which if you are staying in the Inn, you drive past the petrol station, keep going straight then you will see a marking on the road (faded) saying lodge and yyou turn left. On arrival check in was prompt and efficient (we were given our room key and a slip each to mark down what we wanted for breakfast). Our room (17) was on the ground floor, a short walk from reception. It had a double bed (very firm) and a sofa bed. The room had good lighting, a tv, tea/coffee making facilities, hanging/shelf space, hairdryer and trouser press. The windows do open. In the bathroom there is a bath with shower (fixed head) over, but quite powerful. The room itself was very large.
The next morning I noticed that a previous guest had left a pair of jeans which had fallen next to the sofa bed (I did inform reception), also that the shower/bath wash by the bath was out of supplies (I always travel with my own). The tv and mirror did have smears on them from where they had been cleaned and there was dust evidence around the lights by the bed.
Breakfast in the morning (continental, there is an option to upgrade to English and eat it at the service station opposite), but you collect breakfast on a tray from reception. It was a very good choice, you tick one item from each list. Our breakfast (2 people) selection was 2 crossiants, 2 boxes of cereal (there was a choice of cereals), milk, butter (you could have margarine), jam, walnut and honey yoghurt (muller's which are lovely, different flavoured yoghurts available), piece of fresh fruit, also fruit (we had mandrains in juice these were packaged with a spoon so we took them away to eat later), you could have cheese. We had one water and one oj. If you are not on a breakfast package you can buy a continental breakfast for £4.95.
Overall we would choose to stays at a Days Inn/Hotel if we were in the area again.
On the Friday evening we ate at the Three Willows pub. I will write a seperate review for them, but lovely meal (do book in advance though or turn up at 6 pm when they open and hope they can fit you in). Directions leave the hotel, at the first roundabout take first exit and at the second roundabout take 3rd exit...go straight along the road, there is a sharp bend, but carry on straight and you will find Three Willows on the right side. The food was lovely, our meals were fillet steak with chips and peas, also monkfish which was in a very light batter with sautes and salad (you have a choice of chips, sautes, boiled or jacket potato). Very friendly pub and extremely busy. We didn't have deserts, and a soft drink and bill was about 34.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes’ drive from Stansted Airport, this Days Inn is accessible from the M11 and provides free parking for guests. It offers rooms with private bathrooms and free Wi-Fi. Rooms at Days Inn Stansted Bishops Stortford include a TV, along with tea/coffee facilities and a hairdryer. Guests can make use of ironing facilities, and bathrooms provide toiletries. Continental breakfasts are available, and guests have access to the range of dining options at the motorway service area. Bishops Stortford Rail Station is a 10-minute drive away, while Bishops Stortford Golf Club is nearby, just 5 minutes’ drive away. Mountfitchet Castle can be reached in 10 minutes by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn London Stansted Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Bishops Stortford m11 Hotel Bishops Stortford
- Bishops Stortford Days Inn
- Days Inn Bishop's Stortford
- Bishop's Stortford Days Inn