“Wonderful Fun and Friendly Staff”
Review of Il giardino di Stortford - CLOSED

Il giardino di Stortford
Price range: US$0 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A rustic hideaway in picturesque Bishop's Stortford, Il Giardino Di Stortford is a family-run Italian restaurant. Filled with rustic beams and a crackling open fire, the cosy dining room is reminiscent of a quaint, continental bistro. The diverse Il Giardino menu features a range of sumptuous antipasti, meats and fish.
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Fun and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff are the biggest plus in this restaurant. They are friendly, and fun, but very informative and helpful at the same time.

Personally I cannot recommend my Starter, of Mushrooms, it was really, really salty? I like salt, but it was too much for even me...made me wince slightly, sorry. But as for the rest of the meal, it was very tasty. It did lack a bit of imagination on some meal options I thought. I had a Chicken breast in Prama ham with sauce, and it just came as a flat chicken breast with a slice of Parma ham and the sauce all over the top? I was expecting the breast to be wrapped in the ham, and sauce on the side...plus it was lacking in veg with the meal, all I got was the chicken in ham, no asparagus, or anything? Side dish of roasted Potatoes was extra cost, but they were nice.

Someone got very confused with the drinks at one point, my friend asked for a glass of wine, a glass of lemonade, and a pint glass of ice....for some reason we got a massive pitcher of wine with lemonade in the glass and a few lumps of ice...but we did laugh, it looked very funny, but I cannot imagine a lady being served that and being lady like with it?

We also asked for 2 glasses of wine, and the glasses turned up half empty, and cost us about £11.00? very odd?

All in all, it is worth visiting Il giardino di Stortford, but ensure you are clear on your orders, and if your not sure about something, ask them to tell you how it comes and ask for extra if required, as they are more than willing to chop and change things for you.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laura T

“The wine was the best thing about it.”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I ate the crab and fresh tomato & chilli spagetti and it was very plain at the table. Then the next day I had horrific stomach pains and was in the bathroom all day. The people I were dining with weren't impressed with their meals either. My boyfriend ordered sword fish, it looked like microwave in the bag Birdeye cod. And the chips were 100% Mccains.
Other than the terrible food, the service was good.

• Visited March 2014
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, so much better than a pizza chain ”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Great food, not fast, but fresh and with great service - again. Meat, fish, risotto all really good. If you want chain style pizza go elsewhere.

“Excellent service”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and great service and all the food was all perfectly cooked. Fish special was devine. I would highly recommended. A must when eating out it bishop's stortford!

London, United Kingdom
“very nice”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had dinner at this lovely Italian family run business I found the service impeccable . I was very satisfied with food and the quality .I found it very clean and modern and a nice relaxing environment to be in the staff couldn't do enough for you . I do have one small complaint ,that there could be more choice on the menu as it did find it hard to choose but I ordered sea food spaghetti and was very happy with it I would of expected maybe some simpler dishes for the fussy eaters .. but overall very good I will be coming back .

• Visited June 2013