“A REAL JEWEL”

Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Lemon Tree restaurant, just a few steps from the heart of Bishop���s Stortford is a Hertfordshire favourite. Set in an elegant Grade II listed Georgian terrace, The Lemon Tree is a lively, relaxed eatery, created entirely by executive chef Luke Fishpool and his front of house wife Sue. The dining room makes the most of its historic setting, with beamed walls and ceilings, exposed brick fireplace, wooden floors and uncluttered wood tables and seating. The well thought out modern British menu features the freshest quality ingredients and global influences, and Sunday lunch includes a proper British roast. Interesting, affordable wine list and parking nearby that ticks every box.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This wonderful restaurant has been our favourite local restaurant for some years and it is real tragedy that it has decided to close in the near future . The innovative cooking is enhanced by the great wine list at reasonable prices but the real key to the enjoyable evening are the wonderful waitresses and waiters. It will be sorely missed

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This is really lovely, great service particularly from the young waiter, the waitress jut plonked the drinks down and far less attentive.

The menu I feel is good, and very good for a vegetarian, as my girlfriend is. In fact so good I had vegetarian stater and main too.

The cheese Soufflé was nice, the centre was only about 90% heated though so a bit cold. The butternut risotto was one of best I have ever had though.

We shared a cheese board too which was good too.

The ambience would be better if the decor was slightly changed, its an amazing building but I think fractionally too well lit and the table cloths probably mask poor quality tables and seem more like the white linen ones you get in a curry house.

Overall though would definitely recommend and go back

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant consistently offers the best food to be had in Bishop’s Stortford. I have had exceptionally good food on all my recent visits. The only slight negative is the service. We ate in the restaurant on a beautiful summers evening and asked if we could have a drink outside. It appeared that this was an enormous effort for the staff even though they have a rather charming outdoor area. It’s a shame because that aside this is a very good restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Tour739290
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Had a Sunday roast here, and really enjoyed it. The selection of meats was good, staff made us feel at home. Lovely restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Was taken here by my wife and daughter to celebrate my latest birthday. Loverly ambience with very helpful and engaging staff. The double cooked cheese soufflé was beautiful and so moorish - I could eat another and another.
All three of our main courses were fantastic, although personally I could have eaten a bit more of the calf’s liver.
Unfortunately we were all so full we couldn’t dip into the dessert menu, which looked as it had been written for me, even though I’m more of a cheese person.
Definitely recommend