“Door Staff on steroids maybe ???”
Review of The Fountain

The Fountain
Description: The Fountain is a delightful Music and drinking venue located right next to Bishops Stortford train Station. Very recently under new ownership and management. We no longer operate as a restaurant or serve food of any kind. The venue has undergone a beautiful refurbishment, change of music policy and the age on entrance has been lowered to 18. We are currently open Friday, Saturday and Monday nights from 8 pm to 2am. As of the 26th of May 2016 we will also be opening on a Thursday night for our new latino night. We are aware of the terrible reviews about the venue on trip advisor and have acted on them fully. The complaints made are no longer an issue and have been resolved since the changes in ownership and management. We hope to see you in the venue and make your own minds up now things have changed. We offer amazing deals on drinks on a Monday and Friday, among the lowest prices in town!!
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have been to the fountian on a few occasions now the surroundings are nice music great , less cheesy than the club across the road ect ect .. HOWEVER !! The door staff are totally rude and unreasonable and whilst i appreciate how hard their job is dealing with drunk and lively customers etc the club across the road have the most proffesional door staff i have ever encountered . They are polite , friendly and most of all if there is any trouble its delt with quickly and quietly even allowing some cooling off time outside .
The door staff at the fountian need to learn a lesson from these guys as although they seem to think they are of the elite they are nothing but door monkeys of a past era holding the steroid mentality , more importantly i hope the fountian take this on board because if they changed their door staff they might find that people are more inclined to visit in non peek hours for lunch etc , but as it stands im reluctant to go back in the building ever . And for the record im a proffesional who was showing a client around stortford and was highly embarrased by the treatment we recieved on the door , we had just eaten at a resturant was not drunk and both over 30 , and within the dress code , all i can think of is that the door staff either have inward issues or are on steroids as there is just no need for them to behave like common bullies i thought that was why doorstaff became regulated ???

2  Thank alabamax

Reviewed 27 January 2012

it was a friends birthday and it was a choice of going to Bacchus or The Fountain, we ended up going to The Fountain, its quite small inside, but this made for a good atmosphere, they have a big patio area out the back for smokers with heating (which is helpful as it was freezing that night!) service was good, prices were ok. Staff were helpful enough, all in all me and my friends had a good party night out!

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Last week was my brothers 30th birthday. We started somewhere else and then went to the fountain. We got separated on our walk there. Bu the time my sister and i arrived,we were told we couldn't come in, i said could we just say bye to our brother then in that case. They were aggressive, then i tried to run in, they man-handled me and threatened to call the police, all because i wanted to see my brother to say goodbye. I wouldn't bother going again - unless you want to be faced with a mindless unreasonable barbaric attitude to wanting to say goodbye to your brother on his 30th!

4  Thank Jibbas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

On a Friday night out in Bishop Stortford town. Our first thought was to go to the famous fountain club as it is the nearest to the train station. As we queue up to get in, we was outraged by the door staffs manor and attitude towards all of the people in the queue, Rude would be putting nicely. I was dragged out of the line just for a bit of banter with my friends. I tried to explain that he are just having a good time and that we would keep the noise down when he putted one of my friend to the ground for no reason… I will never set foot back in that place and I would not recommend anyone else too…………….

3  Thank misshappy85
Reviewed 14 January 2011

This place was our favourite Restaurant two years ago. It has gone down hill the people they let in now wear trainers and look scruffy, Even some of the staff are scruffy , two years ago everyone was smart.
The doormen were full of bad attitude as you walked in. The toilets are really dirty women’s and men’s , My husband told me the men’s WC Tiles were off the wall urine all over the floor and if you need to sit on the loo good luck as seat was hanging off with urine again all over the place. (NICE)
The food is really not that bad but you will pay around £35 per head,
We were going to have a big family meal here, but would feel uncomfortable letting my oap mother and father walking through the now rough bar to use the dirty toilets.
If you are going to pay these prices go to the Lemon Tree . Food is good here and clean toilets as every restaurant should have, + you will not feel threatened at the lemon tree

5  Thank joeebloggs