The Lamb Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Burford House(Burford)
The Lamb Inn(Burford)
View Hotel
Old Swan & Minster Mill(Minster Lovell)
Bell Hotel(Charlbury)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslambleopard hillsthe pubspice routeparis roompiesfish and chipswine listtwo nightssteep stairslovely foodbeautiful roomcooked breakfastbar areafriday nightnew ownerstwo night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Three-day break which we enjoyed very much. The food was superb, whether lamb rump, pork belly or duck. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location for touring the Cotswolds is very central. Will be back, thanks all at The Lamb Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank harholen9
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Attentive staff, beautiful room (spice) and amazing food! We stayed for two nights and the food we chose on night one was soo amazing that we just swapped dishes the second night (lamb tagine and my personal favourite, pork belly, lush) :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Dinner for 7 last night (including a 9 yo with very specific likes). Main courses were very well cooked and presented. Lamb Tagin with apricots can so easily be ruined with too little fruit to balance the meat but mine was exceptional. The Lamb fillet (wifes fav) looked flavoursome with good gravy. Shrimp gumbo! Bowl wiped clean as if it had come from a dishwasher and Pork dish-not a bit left! Puddings were filling and delicious. My crumble with custard a real schoolboy treat. The pudding for our young guest when offered Malteser sauce (Please may I have it in a jug so I can pour it over??) to accompany was eaten in silence! Thank you Chef! Lovely evening with friends in our local village pub and a real log fire quietly scenting the air! The best of local dining. Schhhhhhhhhh don't tell everyone!

Room Tip: Tables near the fire can get quite warm but still lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richysaysrelax
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Fabulous stay - beautiful room, lots of open fires, really friendly staff and the best pork belly you'll find anywhere.
I'd definitely recommend The Lamb's breakfast. Quality over quantity with a delectable sausage, mushroom, great bacon and perfect poached egg.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boblie
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was have not been a resident at the hotel but I and my family of seven ate there last night in their restaurant and had a most wonderful time. Its an old pub atmosphere very well appointed and we ate in the restaurant area. We found the menu comprehensive with a good selection to suit all of us, all well portioned and well presented. We were all impressed with our meals and all had three courses and thoroughly enjoyed our food. I also have to say that the staff were all wonderful and charming, joined in our fun and took photos for us and made us feel very welcome. I had also arranged for menu's without prices on and these were waiting on the table when we arrived, a special long table was also arranged, I was e-mailed the menu before hand and leaving cars over night was no problem. The manager and staff were just perfect contributing greatly to a special family occasion, where nothing was too much trouble. thankyou very much

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family