“Run for the hills!!!”
Review of Churchill Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Churchill
Churchill Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Churchill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Never again will i stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Save your money and book somewhere that treats you as a guest. We were so disappointed and made our feelings known. But the staff were very very rude. To be honest, we will not waste our time talking about this very poor inn. Look somewhere else, we know there is better service in other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BristolDawn

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I booked into this country pub for an overnight accommodation, evening meal and breakfast. What a mistake - the bedroom door didn't fit the frame so wouldn't close, it had no lock anyway, dirty carpets, there were no curtains (only a broken blind), wind blowing through a gap in the frame and no efforts to block out the traffic noise or street light streaming into the room.

There was a dog wandering around upstairs, the stairs themselves being extremely steep (which would not be an issue except it was overhung by a storage shelf where items could easily have fallen and there was no sign of a handrail for safety), the bathroom was down the corridor and unclean, plus (given the overall cleanliness of the place) I decided to forgo the evening meal and breakfast for fear of the kitchen being in the same unhygienic state.

Somewhere I will never book again!

Room Tip: Don't book one!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank N0tGiven
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My company booked me into this place on July 21st,to stay for 1 night on August 10th.We were told to pay on arrival.When i tried to check in,i was told by the owner that i wasn't booked in.I asked if he would check his bookings,he refused.He said they had been fully booked for months.This i didn't believe.He became quite aggressive.I left before i did something i'd later regret.There are much better and friendlier places than this close by.Go and find these places instead and give this pub a miss.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Superbluesteve
Reviewed 8 September 2010

What can I say, Looked not too bad on the outside, but when got in side, asked if they were still doing food. Dunno, are we still doing food wa shouted to another member of staff!!!!

Unfortunately they were. I ordered a prawn jacket Potato and my husband the Turkey Pie. Having ordered we sat down and were inundated with flys. We then waited for the food and where then given entertainment from the staff. An elderly man, started to shout at an elderly lady, who looked like his partner. F and F that later, they stopped arguing and the pub quietened down. Next minute the elderly man, came into the pub again, again he was swearing at a high volume, NICE.

My potato came out and my husbands food followed 6 minutes later. The potato, had been warmed up in the microwave and was cold and just not nice to eat. The prawns were saturated in sauce, to the point, that I tried fishing them out, pardon the pun. Eventually gave up and left three quarters of them. Appreciate that hard to keep Jackets all day, but could have attempted to complete the warming in the oven so not as bad as it was.

The owners also had a dog tied up in the back of the pub, which kept on barking throughout at the top of its voice, so much for a relaxing meal.

My husband said the pie was average but as he was hungry, ate most. Though it did look nice, it was average tasting.

We decided not to stay without looking at the room.

It may have been a bad day at the office, but know will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank nuttypsycho
Reviewed 9 October 2006

If you are staying in Bristol before flying out from Bristol Airport you can't go far wrong than staying at the Churchill Inn on the A38 just 6 miles or so from the Airport. Although we didn't stay there (because they were full) all the staff did their utmost to help us including phoning the B&B two doors away and booking us in there! We did, however, eat there and were so impressed with the food, I can definitely recommend the Thai Chicken and Mango Salad which was gorgeous. The landlord said that if we wanted we could park in his carpark out the back of the pub (for free) which is manned by CCTV and get a taxi to the airport, unfortunately I had already booked on-line for parking at the airport, otherwise I wouldn't have had any qualms about it. The staff were all lovely and when we called in on our way home remembered us and asked all about our holiday. I will definitely book the Churchill Inn the next time we fly from Bristol. Thank you all for your help and hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sheerhell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Churchill
Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
The Mendip Gate Guest House
The Batch Campsite
The Batch Campsite
#1 of 1 in Churchill

Been to Churchill Inn? Share your experiences!