“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acton Trussell
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have recently stayed at the moat house and am a very happy customer! Excellent service! It made a lovely weekend away. When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed and our bags were taken to our room for us, we then found that the room temperature was lovely and warm especially on a very cold day, which made it very cozy. We then had a lovely meal in the restaurant. A wedding was currently happening in the restaurant which we expected to make a lot of noise during the night but to our delight we could not here anything. I can not wait for my next visit to the moat house. Such a lovely place.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Amyleigh06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My first visit for a very long time and I will go back.

I met a friend for a late lunch and as the restaurant had finished serving we went into the bar where the service was excellent and a good bar menu was available.

I had a steak sandwich and my guest cheese on toast. Both were well prepared and served and good quality produce was used.

Certainly will go back and try the restaurant

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Walsall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our daughter got married Friday 21st February,
What a great time we all had, great venue, great food, beautiful weather, all in all fantastic, a day I will treasure for ever.
Many thanks to all involved in making Aimee & Neils day VERY special.
Peggy & Roger Bartlett.

Room Tip: Overall excellent .
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed at The Moat House on numerous occasions as I have relatives nearby, it is a fantastic hotel in a beautiful setting. The rooms are of good size and in my experience have always been immaculately clean, the staff are all very helpful and the food is superb.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just attended my sisters wedding. The staff were so attentive and always ready to help when needed. The food was first class. And Ben my sisters wedding co-ordinator for the day was so helpful, but so was all the staff. The day ran so smoothly and the location and hotel is stunning. We stayed the night before too and decided to eat in the bar, It is probably the best bar food I have ever eaten. Excellent value and superb quality. Would highly recommend and well worth a visit. Thank you for a memorable day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Canterbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to near Stafford. The rooms are very comfortable. The food is very good with generous portions. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Room 119 is a lovely suite with a huge four poster bed.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sevastopol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Having once found this place by accident on a very quick stopover had a chance to stay for two nights this time to enjoy.
This place is in a beautiful setting. The staff are helpful and friendly. On booking I was emailed to ask if I wanted to make a reservation in the restaurant as it was already very full with limited seating however just chose to eat in the bar.
Bar meals from a very good menu start at 5 but you cant order the specials of which I wanted until 6??? and on the next night wanted a sandwich from the menu but ordered this after 6 and was told they stop at 5 so a bit confused. The dishes I did opt for were of a superb quality. and had some very good beers although I thought a bit on the pricy side.
The room was very well appointed and comfortable and a nice very comfortable bed.
Even though there were weddings and other events going on the room was nice and quiet and you didn't hear anyone wandering up and down the corridors of which I cant stand in some other hotels other hotels.
Opted for the full cooked breakfast on the first morning after managing to attract the staff. This was very well presented however and this my just personal taste, poached eggs are supposed to ooze these may as well have been hard boiled. the bacon looked beautiful a big rasher perfectly cooked but far too salty to eat and I found the local sausage dry and lacking any real flavour so I was disappointed with breakfast Again this was my personal taste also the toast never arrived.

Breakfast aside I really enjoyed my stay and will stay again if in the area or passing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
BEST WESTERN Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel

Been to The Moat House? Share your experiences!