Went to the Moat House a week ago to celebrate my Father in law 60th. Alas I felt quite unwell upon arrival and requested a room to rest a bit.
The MD - Chris Lewis - could not be more obliging and efficient and I was promptly given a fresh room despite the hotel being fairly full with other events.
A few hours later, I went to reception to checkout (and pay whatever was owed) only to be told that the room was complimentary.
We were very impressed by the generosity and they quality of service. We will definitely book again for other events etc...
Truly charming and very gentlemanly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell
- The Moat House Acton Trussell, Staffordshire