“Princess wedding came true”
Review of The Moat House

The Moat House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acton Trussell
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I held my wedding here in March what can I say absolutely perfect the grounds the view the staff just everything food was perfect the day was everything I always dreamed of the moat house should be highly recognised they so deserve it thank you

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jenny A

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very impressed with the location and grounds of the hotel. Room was spacious and nicely furnished. Ate a very good evening meal in the Bar and had a tasty breakfast in the Conservatory restaurant. Stayed her for one night and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the gardens or canal.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is situated in delightful grounds, perfect for a countryside getaway. It's idyllic setting is marred only by the hum of the neighbouring motorway which is not intrusive.
Staff are friendly, attentive, polite and engage well with adults and children.

We were a family of five, our children were 12 and under, so we booked their family room.
in the room all the beds were were lined up against one wall, a large double, small double and a fold away bed, with only two chairs for seating. In our view the room is only really suitable for three persons, otherwise you will feel on top of one another. Fortunately the weather was nice so we used the room only for sleeping. Really for £185 a night one would expect more room.

The restaurant offers formal dining, the bar less formal. The food is delicious and well presented. They cater well for children with a less fussy menu for them. They were even able to cater for my daughter's wheat and dairy allergies. Breakfast choice is extensive. However, I would expect a choice of milk, not just semi skimmed. We are all not dieting! And that they did run out of fruit segments at breakfast.

We would eat at the restaurant again, but would not book their family room again.

Room Tip: If there are more than three of you and your budget can stretch to it,don't book the family room...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Attended a wedding here on the 3rd August. The setting is lovely, very well organised, lovely food and the staff were lovely. I took my grandson to look at the ducks and a member of staff saw us and offered to fetch us a slice of bread, she came back with half a loaf which we had great fun feeding to the ducks. Nothing was too much trouble, wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I visited the moat house for a birthday celebration as it was my daughters 50th. A family get together and expectations that this venue would be ideal . My feedback is I was not happy with the quality of the food . My starter was inedible a pate of some sort which I could not eat.... Most of the party had Staffordshire beef the emphasis was STAFFORDSHIRE was tough and the yorky nearly flew of the plate as I tried to cut into it. Prior to all this I might add I was required to give my dessert order as was the rest of the party . Why why why most establishments bring the dessert menu following the main course. The white wine I ordered was left in a wine bucket away from the table and we had to keep asking for it to be bought over by a very reluctant young lady. I was so annoyed but as is the way didn't want to make known my dissatisfaction in front of my quests. Very poor for such a rated venue

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding, the hotel is set in lovely grounds and hotel itself has a very grand appearance. All of the staff I encountered were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble, this goes from the bar staff straight through to the receptionists and the cleaners. The whole event passed off without issue and was handled fantastically without being intrusive. The rooms thereselves are very nicely appointed including a very good standard of bathroom, very comfortable bed and the biggest wardrobes i think i have seen in a hotel. Only 1 small downside was lack of air conditioning in certain rooms as it was a rare sunny day in England. The food was of a very good standard and i do not think there was one complaint and also the drinks etc and very fairly priced for a hotel, less than £4 a pint for Stella Artois which is very rare.

All in all fantastic and would definately use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I chose the Moat House due to their flexibility more than anything else. We wanted a traditional ceremony with a relaxed casual reception, no sit down meal and a hog roast. A lot of venues we visited 'ummed and ahhhed', but not Gaynor. From start to finish Gaynor worked with us to turn our ideas into reality. She was completely honest when she thought something wouldn't work and really thought about the logistics of our requests to make sure our day was perfect. She adapted to our style and made some excellent suggestions to enhance our day for our guests and she was always at the end of the phone happy to help with any questions I had during the planning.

On the actual day the team was headed by Ben who was always on hand but without being overbearing. Nothing was too much trouble and every guest commented on the excellent staff and service. I fully expected to need to help setting up on the day but when we arrived the night before everything for the wedding was whisked away and stored safely and when I came down the next morning it was all out and done!

We really could not have asked for more from Gaynor, Ben and all the team and we can't wait for our 1st anniversary when we will be returning for a meal in the restaurant.

Thank you all so much. Since the wedding I have made the move to work in weddings and every one I strive to offer our brides the same level of service as you offered me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stone House Hotel
Stone House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Stone
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel

Been to The Moat House? Share your experiences!