We stayed here over the Bank holiday along with a wedding party which made the hotel quite noisy at night. The location of the hotel is lovely and very tranquil with a beautiful old building. We had a room on the ground floor which did make it quite noisy at night. The doors and walls were quite thin so the noise travelled easily. The room was large with a large bathroom with free toiletries and coffee and tea making facilities with free bottled water which were replenished at night before we went to bed which we appreciated. The bed though was hard and uncomfortable as were the pillows. The breakfast was served in the Orangery and was very good. There was lots of choice and the cooked breakfast was very tasty. The staff were very friendly and helpful in the restaurant and at the reception..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell
- The Moat House Acton Trussell, Staffordshire