This is a small three star hotel set in pleasant grounds just off J13 on the M6 motorway. Some traffic noise can be heard from the M6, which is only a mile away, it's audible, but not deafening, so I wouldn't let that put you off staying here. At the back of the hotel is a canal which is scenic and ideally suited for pleasant walks when the weather is suitable. The restaurant food is excellent, in preparation, presentation and quality. It was a pleasure to dine here. The service all round could not be faulted. I would thoroughly recommend it as a one or two day relaxing stop-over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell
- The Moat House Acton Trussell, Staffordshire