“Excellent Service and Yummy Food”

Wildberry Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Ashford
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Nepalese, Tibetan
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: This restaurant closes during off-season(Mid October through April). Under new management. One of the few restaurants (or at least decent ones) near the entrance to Mt. Rainier National Park. Currently owned by a renowned mountain climber, Lhakpa Gelu Sherpa. Lhakpa (owner) has climbed Mt. Everest 15 times, and also holds record for the fastest ascent of Mt. Everest in 10 hours 56 minutes and 46 seconds. Wildberry serves both traditional American Mountain Menu (burgers, trout, sandwich, fish n chips, chicken strips, chicken fried steak etc.) as well as authentic Sherpa-Himalayan food (mom, stew, Thali, etc.)from Tibet & Nepal.
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service and Yummy Food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my first ever review on trip advisor.
We were here yesterday for late lunch, and while we were waiting for our meals, one of the server got yelled at by a customer for not being able to give them the exact time time frame of when the food would be out, the table next to us yelled so loud, it became a scene. I felt so bad for the server as she stood there trying to explain to the table (Indian couple with 2 kids) that it had only been 10 minutes since their order was sent to the kitchen and that there were few other tables who had arrived before them. The waitress was right. It had been roughly 15 minutes since they sat. I sympathize for the waitress and congratulate her on dealing with people like that in such a calm manner. The indian family kept screaming and finally left.
I felt a need to say something but they left . Many other customers including me and my husband were shocked how people can be so rude. Many times people like that take advantage of the the fact that the waitress will remain quite no matter what as they hold the concept that customers are always right in their business.
Beside thanking the waitress for a great service and yummy meal, i thought i should complement them here in ways that will also help the business.
We tried Copper creek in for breakfast which did not impress us at all that is why we came here at wildberry to give it a try for lunch. My husband ate the Yak Burger which is organic. He LOVED it. Their bun was home made and that made a huge difference on the taste of the burger . I had the chicken Thali platter which was really tasty. The curry was not too spicy and just mild and NOT mild as what some people have reviewed as. The curry was one of the best curries i've had in a long long time. we ended our meals with a slice of huckleberry pie a la mod and black berry pie a la mod. The "best" pie in the whole world!
Excellent service and best food in ashford.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank WanderGirl2014

Atlanta, GA
“Interesting Himalayan”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I enjoyed the Sherpa stew and pappadum chips. They are thin, lentil wafers with a very crisp, nutty flavor. The tamarind chutney was different and I could not decide if I liked it or not but I did enjoy the wafers for sure. They are called wafers but actually large and so light and crispy. Sherpa stew had very good flavor.

1 Thank Sggypsy
Macungie,PA
“Give it a try”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

There is not much in the way of eating options outside Mt. Rainer (Nishwally entrance). After reading reviews of this place on TA, we gave it a try. My husband an I both tried the Nepalese dishes and liked them! Similar to Indian, not as spicy. There are plenty of other options as well. Service was excellent. Wireless internet available-believe me you may want it- no cell service for miles and miles. Our innkeeper said Wildberry has good breakfasts as well.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank BusLawProf
Seattle, Washington
“A taste of Nepales cooking”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We enjoyed eating in the outdoor garden in this friendly family-run restaurant. It has standard American food but also a few delicious Nepalese menu items.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Unusual and worth the stop”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Nepali food plus lots of "American" food. I had a Nepali tray with a curry chicken, rice, Sherpa tea; my husband had the trout. We had spent the day hiking the fields of ash at the foot of St. Helens, and we were exhausted and hungry. We left happy and full. Yak burgers are served when available.