“This is the most awesome little cabin near Mt...”
other travellers have booked this property
cabin interior
queen bed cabin from forest
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
queen bed
cabin from forest
Hershey Creek
cozy cast iron propane fireplace
front porch
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
iglooeyes
whidbey island
“This is the most awesome little cabin near Mt. Rainier National Park”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This is a sweet little cabin just outside the park (about 4 miles),so it takes just minutes to get in the park. It has a well supplied kitchen, a nice bed and a futon. A cozy propane stove takes any chill out of the room. It is on the same property as the owners house, but the family was very quiet.

It is just off the highway, but we could not hear any road noise. There is a little creek running out back (well it would have been running if it weren't summer) My daughter and I explored the creek for a bit and declared it -fun, fun-

Pros- no cell/internet access so you can BE with your family. (If you really need o be 'plugged-In - there are restaurants in Ashford just down the road.

Cons ........... can't think of any!

We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Liked best: Quiet, cozy
Liked least: The showers was a touch cooler than I am used to, but certainly NOT cold
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
kate t
“Not what we expected.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

When I was booking a cabin for our first "wilderness" vacation with young children, I was looking for comfort, safety, and ways to entertain our kids.

I asked the owner very specific questions about the layout of the cabin and the grounds, and what she told me was not what we got. She said that the grounds were safe for small children to run around, that the cabin was remote and quiet, and that there was a stream in the back yard that the kids could wade in (though we knew it would be glacial water, we were looking forward to letting the kids frolic).

What we found, was a tiny cabin that was-- literally-- in the backyard of the owner's house. I would estimate that there is about 8 feet separating the two dwellings. The owners' cars were parked so close to the cabin that we could easily track their comings and goings. The surrounding area was safe enough, though there was a giant fire pit. To avoid the fire pit, we'd planned on using the bbq that was advertised (with briquettes provided) in the listing, but when we got there, the owner said that she'd forgotten to get us briquettes, and we'd have to go get them ourselves. No big deal, but again, we have small kids, we arrived close to dinner time, and the closest town is a 20 minute round trip. Finally, the stream that was promised to excite and entertain our kids in the "wilderness" was actually a steep, steep creek that offered not one spot for wading. The owner knew very well that we had an early walker and told me over and over again how much both kids would enjoy the stream, but ultimately, the older kid spent about five minutes there, realized how slick and steep it was, and never went back.

Finally, the beds. The futon was comfy enough for one child to sleep on, though when it is folded out, there is no space to walk around the cabin. The double bed, however, is one of the worst beds I've ever slept on. Once we were in bed, laying down, we couldn't move for two reasons: one, the mattress sunk so deep it took an almost herculean effort to get ourselves out of the giant hole we'd created in the middle, and two, ever little twitch made so much noise! It is a miraculous combination of discomfort and noise I've ever experienced.

Finally, the owner guaranteed wi-fi (I know, I know, we are in the mountains)-- GUARANTEED. It was a spotty connection at best, not at all reliable. Again, not a big deal, but she did guarantee it.

Also, bring every single thing you need to cook as the kitchen is not well-appointed.

Here's the thing. If you're going to hike the mountain and all you need is a place to sleep, cook, and read a book, it's fine. If you love camping in a stranger's back yard, it's fine. If you don't like to sleep, it's fine. Otherwise, I'd stay away.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Older travelers
Management Response
4 May 2015
At Wilderness Edge Cabin we strive to provide an atmosphere of peace and respite for our guests. It is unfortunate that these guests did not have the experience they were looking for. I believe there was some miscommunication that led to dissatisfaction with their stay.

One of the miscommunications was about the WIFI. I tell our guests that the WIFI usually works, but that it is a poor signal, and not guaranteed. As for the bed, I personally think the queen bed in the cabin is very comfortable. Also, I mentioned to the parents about the stream for the kids to wade in, and that they should accompany them always to keep them safe.

This is wild country and Wilderness Edge lives up to its name. Deer, elk, bobcat, bear, and cougar live among us. Although our home is on the same land as the cabin, ours is one of the most private of lodging options available at Mount Rainier.

We gladly welcome constructive criticism to help improve the business!
Jennifer...
Tremont, Illinois
“Beautiful out of the way cabin”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Cleanliness was top notch. Very cute cabin just a few miles from the gate of the park. This cabin sits on the grounds of a family home. The wifi doesn't work. This is an "off the grid" kind of accomodation. No TV, No cable, and even no cell service. Bed was overly soft; but linens were very nice. Owner was great to work with.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: out of the way
Liked least: off the grid totally
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Idaho
Reviewed 9 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing