“Wonderful cabin in a stunning location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashford
Deep Forest Cabins at Mt. Rainier
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ashford
UK
“Wonderful cabin in a stunning location”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed at Deep Forest Cabins in the Salal cabin during our recent trip in the Northwest of the US and Canada. We were only there for two days and regretted that we didn't/couldn't stay longer. We fell in love with the cabin and the area. I think it will be the model we use for our dream retirement home. It really had everything you needed and was very comfortable and stylish. We could barely tear ourselves off the deck in the evening when exhaustion finally hit us. It is a great get away but there are still enough elements of civilisation to keep you going. Being a stone's throw from Mt Rainier State Park is another big advantage. The park is stunning as is the whole area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I highly recommend the Deep Forest Cabins. Obviously they are great, because they seem to be continuously sold out. I stayed here three nights before and after my summit of Mt Rainier. The cabin was well appointed, very cozy, spotless, woodsy, private. Hot tub was most appreciated after freezing various bits of anatomy on my mountain.

I never met the hosts, but their note was most welcoming. Whole bean coffee was waiting for us, and the location could not be more convenient to Ashford, Mt Rainer NP, and the various stores and restaurants in the area. I would be most happy to while away some time at Deep Forest Cabins. In my cursory review of competing places while in Ashford, I liked this place most, and others on our climb related that it seemed as if Deep Forest was the best thing around. Stay here. If you can get a reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for help from the proprietors
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Kensington, MD
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stayed in the Chanterelle guest house for a night in late May and may I say that all expectations were far exceeded! The setting was serenely peaceful and secluded, with a great view.

The cabin was perfect and cozy with a huge comfy bed and though I didn't use it, an amazing entertainment system. The bathroom was well supplied and the heated floor was a nice touch.

If I come back to the area I will be sure to stay at Deep Forest Cabins again!

You are literally less than a mile from the Mt. Rainier park gateway!

Also, the Wild Berry restaurant down the street doesn't look like much but they cook up some incredible Nepalese and American food--definitely give it a try!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend here. First, the location is magnificent and Mt. Rainier National Park was just dazzling in autumn colors. My goal was to spend as much time as possible hiking and taking photos at MRNP. The only problem was that the cabin was so nice and inviting that we stayed indoors much more than I had planned. Fortunately, the Park had many marvelous sites that could be seen from the road, and with a few short hikes I was able to get some great pictures.

The cabin we stayed in, Salal, was perfect. It felt very open and spacious with many windows providing views of the forest from every angle. Everything was clean, the kitchen was well equipped, the deck was awesome, the bed was large and extremely comfortable, and while the outside temperature got pretty chilly the cabin stayed warm. Maybe the bathroom and shower are a little on the small side, but this just adds to its charm. We were here on 10/10/10, and I would rate this place a perfect 10!

We received great communication from the owners Janet and Pat as far as driving directions, recommendations of what to bring, and instructions for the heater, hot tub, fireplaces, etc. There is even a folder that includes some family history and information on the cabin's architect and builder, Alan Liddle. I'm sure that all of the Deep Forest cabins are very nice, but if you are looking for something unique and special I highly recommend the Salal.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My husband and I spend 2 nights in the Cedar Grove cabin and we couldn't have been happier. Neither of us are the romatic type, but this place was very romantic and provided a great escape for just the two of us. The bed was very comfy, the hot tub was perfect, and the ambiance was priceless. I would honestly go back here in a heartbeat. Janet was very friendly and welcoming. She and her husband have obviously paid a lot of attention to detail on these cabins to make sure that their guests have a great experience. The cabins are not quite in a "deep forest" but the surroundings are beautiful and traffic noise was very minimal. The hot tub was so relaxing after spending a rain-drenched day hiking through Mt. Rainier and the bed provided a great night's rest. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SKorth
Spring Valley, oh
Reviewed 25 September 2010

The cabins are in the forest surrounded by huge trees and lots of natural vegetation located about 5 minutes from the entrance to the park. We stayed in Cedar Grove and found it charming and romantic. The cabin is essentially one large room plus a very large beautiful bathroom. Everything in the cabin is high quality and appears new. Robes and lots of great fluffy towels are provided. The cabin has many windows and skylights so that you can truly enjoy the forest. The cabins are somewhat close to the road leading to the park. However traffic noise is minimal. We really enjoyed the cabin and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CmarieM
Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Mountain Home cabin. It's a beautiful cabin with an amazing rock-embedded wood stove, leather sofa, and two upper sleeping areas. You have to get to the sleeping areas via a beautiful spiral staircase. At first we were a little intimidated by the staircase, but we mastered it just fine. The deck and the hot tub are wonderful. Very private. A mother deer and her two fawns came right up to the deck.
This is a great place to stay and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
#4 of 5 in Packwood
Copper Creek Inn
Copper Creek Inn
#2 of 3 in Ashford

Been to Deep Forest Cabins at Mt. Rainier? Share your experiences!