“Perfect for a simple get a way!”
Review of BaseCamp Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashford
BaseCamp Cottages
Seattle
“Perfect for a simple get a way!”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

First I would like to comment on how easy it was to book this rental. Luke and Tanna were very responsive to email questions. From there, things only got eaiser and better. Everything was easy to find, Luke and Tanna were very friendly and helpful. We rented their smallest cabin, the Rainier Retreat and were happy with what we got. It was small, enough room for just two people, a queen size bed a few other furnings and a decent size bathroom. It was very clean, bed was very comfortable and it did have everything one would need for a shorts stay. It does not have a stove, but there was a gas grill on the deck with a gas burner should someone want to cook, although there are some simple dining options in town that were nice. The hot tub was wonderful and had pleanty of privacy. The only negatives I would say, and believe me they are very minor ones, was the tap water is well water, so it comes out cloudy and while they said it was safe to drink that way, opted to purchase two gallons of bottled water from the local store ($2 cost) and while the cabin does have satellite TV, it only is for the very basic local Seattle channels. But on the plus side the Wi-Fi was easy to use and extremly reliable.

So if you are looking for a great place to stay for a get a way, or for a visit to Mt. Rainier (which is less than a 10 minute drive) this is a great place for 2 people. We are certainly planning on staying there again in late summer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LolaInSeattle

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 January 2013

This place is clean, well taken care of, very well stocked for you. My husband and I spent a weekend here in the Big Creek cabin and it was very relaxing. The creek sound makes my day any day. It is very cozy here. The staff is very friendly. I would suggest bring music, dvd's, books, games to give you something to do. They do have movies here and cd's and games but it wouldnt hurt to bring your own. They have everything you need to cook your own food. They provide seasonings and other helpful stuff. They even had mugs in the freezer for your drinks. So overall I would definately recomend this place. No cell service! They do have a landline phone in the cabin if needed. They do have WiFi but the only way it worked was to hook our computer up directly to router.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Luke O, Owner at BaseCamp Cottages, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Jenifer,
Thank you for the glowing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write. We will check the wireless tomorrow. We have had several power outages and probably just needs a reboot. Generally we are wireless at Big Creek Cabin, but streaming movies "speed" has not yet become available in that area of town. Bring movies or rent them at Suver's General Store. Truly well worth the nostalgic trip.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and I spent a week here for our honeymoon and could not have been more pleased. The cabin is wonderful and is completely equipped for everything we needed. Its secluded, out of view, and quiet. Exactly what we were looking for :-) We will almost definitely be coming back!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Spent a weekend with my Wife and Grandson at Tamanos. The cabin was very nice with lots of room and a very good sized deck around the cabin. There were neighboring cabins nearby but the cabin still felt secluded. With a TV in every room my grandson was happy to be able to watch T.V. in his bedroom. We were very close to Mount Ranier but on this trip just relaxed around the Cabin and enjoyed using the hot tub every evening. IT was a very peaceful and relaxing time for all of us. Highly recommend staying at one of these cabins if you want to "get away from the city".

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I can't imagine finding a nicer place from which to explore the beauty of Mount Rainier than one of Jasmer's fireplace rooms. The rooms are located just 6 miles from the Nisqually entrance to the national park, although the trip to the Paradise visitors center actually takes about 40 minutes, at least the way I drive!

In September, my partner and I spent three nights in the Songbird room, a magical place where we were able to go to sleep at night by the light of a real fire, and have breakfast in the morning in the company of birds just inches away on the other side of the windows. It was cozy and romantic, and very reasonably priced. The hot tub on the grounds was an added bonus, particularly after a long day of hiking at Rainier.

Although Jasmer's is located on a somewhat-busy road, it is set back enough that noise is nonexistent, and the three rooms are surrounded by a natural fence of trees that give you the feeling of being alone in the woods.

Owner Tanna was very friendly and helpful with dining and activity suggestions, including mentioning a very unique sculpture park a few miles down the road that we "had to see." Sure enough, it was a one-of-a-kind experience that's guaranteed to fascinate, entertain and provoke discussion.

Our stay at Jasmer's, and our two days of hiking at Rainier, were the highlight of our trip to Washington.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wanderer26
Arlington, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2012

------------------------------------------------------
> My husband and I came here for our honeymoon. When we got to Trillum we were amazed as the website pictures, as pretty as they are, do not even begin to do this cabin justice! It was beautiful beyond belief. As we both have physical limitations we mainly stayed in the cabin our entire time. It is the most romantic place to stay. The woodwork is beautiful, as is the decor. We enjoyed much time in the outdoor hot tub and we absolutely loved the porch swings (they were wonderfully relaxing with our physical issues). The Trillium also was stocked in everything you can possibly think of. If you forget something, they probably have it. We would highly, highly recommend this place for newlyweds, adventure seekers (for a welcome place to come back to), families, or anyone doing a group gathering. We will definitely be coming back here for a future visit.
> Kim Phelps

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Just returned from my two days at Jasmers Big Cabin Creek. It was my first experience at Mt.Rainier and I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The cabin was immaculate. Bedrooms were spacious and comfy, as was the living room area and kitchen. Outdoor patio with the hot tub right on the river. If you're looking to get away and desire peace and quiet, this is where you want to stay. The owners were gracious and inviting. The only drawback was the free wifi. It cut out constantly and when I was connected, it wasn't fast enough to watch a video on youtube. If you come with your family this won't be an issue since you won't be in the cabin too much anyway, but for myself, without the ability to watch netflix, it was TOO quiet lol. If I could give 4.5 stars I would. I will definitely be returning and will be bringing my family next time.
Oh yea, if you do go, make sure to bring some DVD's as the TV's have built in players, I forgot mine :(

Thanks Jasmers for a great time!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LoveRoadTrips78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
#4 of 5 in Packwood
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to BaseCamp Cottages? Share your experiences!