“Awesome vacation!”
Review of BaseCamp Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashford
BaseCamp Cottages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Jasmer's Rainier Cabins, what do I say! It's probably one of THE BEST places I have ever stayed. We drove from Seattle for our honeymoon and we were IMPRESSED. We rented the Trillium and it was awesome.

Fireplaces, hot tubs, the whole deal and Mt. Rainier itself is not too far off from Trillium.

Trillium itself is in a nice secluded location, away from peeping toms and peering eyes. Absolutely one of the GO TO places for anyone's Honeymoon.

We went in May 2013, but it was not exactly warm outside. But inside the cabin, it is quite warm and one can enjoy the place well.

My rating for the property - 5/5, definitely!

Room Tip: Jasmer's have a few different cabin choices ranging from truly economy pricing to a bit of extra...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karthik14
There are newer reviews for BaseCamp Cottages

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in the Wild Bird cabin, and it was fantastic. Tanna and Luke made you feel welcome and that you mattered. The bed was very comfortable, and the temperatures were fine at night without air conditioning...just open the windows and turn on the fan....it was chilly even in late July!

There was plenty of storage space for all our junk.

Room Tip: Stay in the Wild Bird room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 24 December 2013

While I am sure to get a passive aggressive response from the owners for not giving them a perfect score, I'm still going to give my review anyway. My husband and I stayed in the tiniest cabin offered, so we knew it was small but it was actually much smaller than we expected. The cabin is only one room, with the kitchen about three feet from the bed, and then the bathroom. I also assumed the cabin was in the woods, but it is really in a neighborhood with many houses around and it is actually very, very close to the house next door. At first we found the neighborhood a little sketchy with all of the chain link fences and also because it was a ways away from the main lodge where you check in, but it ended up being perfectly fine. We were definitely surprised though that once we checked in we had to get in our car and drive a ways away to our actual cabin. It was not terribly far though, maybe a mile or two? We were excited to see some deer in the neighborhood playground upon our arrival.

I think the price was pretty reasonable and they were kind enough to let us stay only one night. Aside from the park though there is not much else to do. The handful of restaurants close pretty early so plan ahead. There is also only one store/grocery in the entire area, so keep this in mind as well.

Aside from the cabin being very tiny and close to neighbors, we had no problems with our stay and my husband and I slept well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank C597044
Luke O, Owner at BaseCamp Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Always strange to not be able to address people by their name. We welcome feed back. We try our best to sell our accommodations as they are with photos & detailed amenities. It is a quiet vacation cabin area with generally seasonal vacationers, so you may or may not have a neighbor's when you stay. Regardless they are not intrusive cookie cutter places. They have lots of trees and natural surroundings which the birds / deer adore.
Many, many guests love the Rainier Retreat for it's coziness.
I really don't know anything about this reviewer whether they booked it off the street or from an I phone in travels, but I must say to meet someones expectation of what their thinking to what they are booking is a tough process. All we can do is our best and provide clean, unique accommodations that satisfy the vast majority of people. I know I can't please everyone, but I am still willing to try.
We welcome your questions when booking and are happy to refer if we can not accommodate.
Luke & Tanna

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed 3 wonderful days in the Songbird fireplace room. It was just as pictured online, with all amenities one could want tucked away unobtrusively. I chose that room because of the large window exposure and the bird watching possibilities. The birds were there-drawn by the large bird feeders (extra seed in the closet.) Hot tub was very welcoming after our day hiking. Fireplace and candles provided a nice ambiance. Bed was quite comfortable and we were plenty warm. We were able to bring much of our food with us-handy since many restaurants are closed mid-week (Tuesday, Wed) or only open weekends. Dishes, can opener, dish cleaning equipment--all provided. We definitely want to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Great family owned business. Luke was very helpful at check-in. He'll give you great info for the eating, hiking, drinking, grocery, etc. spots in the area. My wife and I stayed in the Big Creek cabin. Very spacious with two bedrooms, large living room area including dining and kitchen areas. The kitchen is FULLY stocked with cookware, dinnerware, flatware, spices, etc. (not food, though). The wood stove was lit with an abundant supply of seasoned wood. There was a never ending supply of towels for showering and the hot tub/spa. The creek was approx. 20 feet from the back deck of the cabin that has two sets of sliders looking out to the deck and creek. Did I mention the cabin is approx. ten minutes from the entry to Mount Rainier Park? We WILL be going back again! Do not let the price scare you, it's worth every penny you spend to stay at Jasmer's Cabins!

Room Tip: There are no tips. . .you choose the cabin or room based on your wants, desires or needs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Have stayed before at other cabins, this time we were at the Tahoma Chalet. It was my wife's favorite of the cabins we have stayed. Cozy and comfortable (I dare you to try and sit on that couch without snuggling up to take a nap). We stayed in the loft bedroom, bed was very comfortable. Had all the amenities we needed (no phone at the cabin but hey we were here to relax not make phone calls). Built a fire out at the fire pit it was cold out side but not too cold to make smores fireside. The hot tub is only big enough for 2 or 3 (but how many people do you need to sit in the hot tub with you). If we would not have brought our grandson with us this place would have been perfect for a romantic getaway. It was a nice relaxing weekend for the 3 of us (plus family members that came up to visit) I would highly recommend staying at Jasmer's, they always make you feel right at home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We spent 3 restful nights at the Creekside Cabin. The cabin is just a few minutes drive from the entrance to Mt Rainier National Park and provides a great base for exploring the area, or just hanging out by the fireplace, watching the creek behind the house and seeing the local deer. The cabin was spotlessly clean and includes everything you need (and a few extras too) - a firepit in the backyard near the creek, a fully stocked kitchen (plenty of utensils, spices, coffee maker etc.), DVDs, games, umbrellas, hairdryer, washer/dryer, flashlights, Internet Access and more! It was like a home away from home - the perfect holiday house.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Alexander's Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford
Copper Creek Inn
Copper Creek Inn
#2 of 3 in Ashford

Been to BaseCamp Cottages? Share your experiences!