“What a find !”
Review of BaseCamp Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashford
BaseCamp Cottages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at Tamanos, which was an adorable little house stocked with everything you could want for a relaxing weekend. This is a much better experience than a hotel and worth the price. Thank you Kat for spending so much time telling us about the area. We are looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Noluck7

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We wanted a couple of days of hiking during wild flower season on Mt Rainier but without the extra work of camping so we stayed at Jasmer's for the first time. It was wonderful and we highly recommend it. We didn't use the fireplace on our two night stay, but we did enjoy the other thoughtful amenities : hot tub, coffee maker (and a jar of ground coffee), toaster, instant oatmeal, good reading lights, extra towels, and pleasant grounds for picnicking and loafing. There are several good restaurants nearby and Ashford is just 6 miles from an entrance to Mt. Rainier.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AWeitkamp
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed in the Songbird the last weekend of March 2014. Tanna the owner reminded me to open my blinds in the morning to take in the bird show. Oh what a show it was. There is a bird feeder right outside the window. It was so peaceful to lay in bed and read and watch the birds come and go. The bed was very comfortable, I slept very well. What a wonderful way to start off the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank jovialtraveler4
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Rainier Retreat, which is perfectly comfortable for two, from March 14th to the 16th. All I can say is that we had a great time and loved the cabin, and Luke and Tanna went above and beyond the call of duty getting our wireless internet fixed, and they were just great hosts, and the cabins are like new. We will definitely stay in more of the cabins with our family next time, we even told our friends about Jasmer's and sounds like they will be taking the journey up too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John A
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had come up there with my fiancé in order to marry here the weekend after Valentine's, she had never been here before and it was a wonderful surprise. I had stayed at Jasmer's before, and it was nothing short of amazing, however, this time it wasn't the cabin that made it wonderful, it was the lovely staff.

The staff was very helpful, even though they were in the middle of a snow storm. I told them I was going to be an hour late; however, I was about 4 hours late, but when I finally arrived they were there waiting for me with warm smiles that battled away the chilling snow. The kindly gave us our keys, a map of the town and its attractions, and instructions about the cabin. Then, my fiancé (now wife), Ashley, were off to enjoy ourselves for the weekend.

Unfortunately, the next day it had snowed all night and most of the morning, and the clouds loomed over head. After enjoying breakfast, I decided that if Ashley couldn't see the beautiful mountain I would at least drive her to the park entrance and take her on a walk in the snow. So, we got I'm the truck and I drove slowly towards the park entrance. But the slickness of the road was still too much, and my fiancé and I slid on the road, into a ditch, and rolled the truck upside down. Yet, we were blessed enough to have come out with absolutely no injuries. A van then came by, and I asked for a ride back to Jasmer's Cabins headquarters so Tanna and Luke could help us.

When we got there I explained the situation to them, and they were nothing short of heavenly. There is no cell phone service out there, so I had to use there phone. Luke helped me get in touch with my family, the fire department, insurance, and a towing agency. Tanna was so sweet and helped console Ashley the entire time. Plus, as we waited for the towing agency she even made us lunch. And it doesn't even stop there! After the towing agency came, and got the truck, the state trooper was going to write me an expensive ticket, but then Luke and Tanna were able to say a few words and actually lowered the cost of my ticket. I then found a rental car in a town an hour away, and the lovely couple had no hesitation in telling us they would give us a ride there. Luke got me coffee, and made sure I was squared away with my new vehicle, before departing from us.

They saved us that day, and I promise if I ever stay in a cabin in that region again they have a very loyal customer.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank AaronZLS
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had read such good reviews about this place and was excited to call them and make reservations. My first experience with them was awful and quite frankly insulting. The lady on the phone was short to the point of being rude. I started making enquiries about their availability etc. and the first thing she does is interrupt me and ask for my phone number. Next, she asked me if I was the same person that called before. I told her this is my first time calling. After that, she just seemed uncommunicative and after I asked a couple more questions, I was so turned off by her abruptness and rudeness that I decided that there is no way I am booking at a place that treats a potential customer so rudely.

There are other nice lodges in the area with much more friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank G D
Jasmers, Owner at BaseCamp Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Hey this is pretty bogus - If you were asked for your phone # it is because there are guests checking in at the time and personal attention cannot be spent. According to the date it is Friday. Our policy is to answer the phone if we are here. You never know if someone is lost or making a courtesy call to let us know they are running late. Obviously this person continued to ask questions even though they have been requested a call back #. Perhaps it was not the answer they wanted - who knows people can take and misconstrue anything and write at will on Trip Advisor.

We try our best

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Jasmer's Rainier Cabins, what do I say! It's probably one of THE BEST places I have ever stayed. We drove from Seattle for our honeymoon and we were IMPRESSED. We rented the Trillium and it was awesome.

Fireplaces, hot tubs, the whole deal and Mt. Rainier itself is not too far off from Trillium.

Trillium itself is in a nice secluded location, away from peeping toms and peering eyes. Absolutely one of the GO TO places for anyone's Honeymoon.

We went in May 2013, but it was not exactly warm outside. But inside the cabin, it is quite warm and one can enjoy the place well.

My rating for the property - 5/5, definitely!

Room Tip: Jasmer's have a few different cabin choices ranging from truly economy pricing to a bit of extra...