I stayed here with family because it was convenient for a family funeral. Not quite what I'd expected from the website, Foxhills is very much a "resort" rather than a hotel. We stayed in the Lyne House accommodation block which is one of a number of separate blocks of accommodation in this sprawling resort. Rooms were of very good quality and I would be happy to stay there again.
We came by train and had to use taxis to and from the church, relatives' house and station and this was very expensive. The taxis were booked by the hotel and a short journey of about 3 miles cost us £16 one way!! So I would recommend that you drive here.
When we arrived we went for a walk around the complex. We'd taken our swimming costumes, but the only pool we could use as residents was outdoor and felt rather "exposed". We went looking for the brasserie to book an evening meal. The brochure in the hotel represented this as the place to go for a casual family meal. In fact it was next to another outdoor pool and was more like a cafe than a brasserie, shutting at 6pm!
Meals in the restaurant were too gourmet for our tastes, starters around £12 and mains around £25. We opted for the basic room service menu and were pleasantly surprised.
Breakfast is a buffet, pretty good, although on the second morning we ate at 8.45am and the staff were clearing the tables around us, so we took this as a sign that we needed to go, even though breakfast is served up until 10am. Service wasn't good in the restaurant for breakfast unless you are particularly pushy.
Overall the service was great, very pleasant staff. After the funeral, we returned for a quick tea of warm scones before setting off to our relatives' house for dinner. A table had been reserved by the fire, which was very welcome.
More of a golf hotel/sports complex than a hotel, although I can imagine the main house would be lovely for a wedding or similar celebration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly recommended by the AA Hotel Guide 2016, Foxhills in Ottershaw is the ideal getaway. Guests become members for the day, enjoying access to the award-winning healthspa and gym, fitness classes, par three 9 hole Manor golf course, three restaurants and bars including fine-dining in The Manor Restaurant, tennis and squash courts, and more. The ultimate playground, visit the historic Manor House to check in for your stay, before enjoying modern luxurious touches in your bedroom. Foxhills is also available for weddings, parties and conferences, with nine flexible event spaces on offer and complimentary WiFi throughout the resort for visitors and guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Foxhills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Foxhills Hotel Ottershaw
- Foxhills Resort Ottershaw
- Foxhills Surrey/Ottershaw