“christmas 2013”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottershaw
Croydon, United Kingdom
“christmas 2013”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

wonderful hotel, with wonderful food and facilities. when we arrived on Christmas eve they had no electricity so they put us up in woking holiday inn, which was very nice. we came back to foxhills on Christmas day and had a wonderful Christmas dinner. my daughter and her baby joined us on boxing day and we enjoyed the swimming pool and other facilities. again the food was wonderful. They compensated us very well for our poor start to the holiday and we have no complaints and can only praise them for everything.

Room Tip: we had a garden room which are situated round a courtyard. they are super, very quiet with lovely v...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
london
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is very late review as it was last year. No room, as the one we had booked had no heating, although they left us for over an hour in a freezing cold room and a strange giant black wasp like creature flying around, I hid in the bathroom from it. Although they offered us some food very reluctantly after I said we had come straight from work and hadn't had a chance to eat since lunch time. There nothing I could eat except toast as I am a veggie (which we had told them) my husband ordered a burger but after an hour nothing. @10.30 hungry and tired we said we couldn't wait any longer. After a mouthful from the person in charge, who was one of the rudest people I have ever met, we left getting home at 1.30 am, NOT HAPPY!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank eshorts5b
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Spending two days here for a company meeting make everything easier and enjoyable. Rooms are very large and with nice fornitures. The park and golf course are really well kept. Special mention to the good preservation of the ancient buildigs.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Spent a wonderful 2 nights at Foxhills from New years Eve. My Husband and I always have a little break over New Year. We prefer to do our own thing so didn't take part in Hotels organised celebrations. A 6 course dinner for £120 was out of our price range anyway.
Hotel setting is very nice and Spa facilities excellent. As the Weather was awful the Running trail was closed but I still managed a great Run around the grounds. The Gym is definitely far superior than the average Hotel Gym. Indoor Steam & Hydro pool very clean and outdoor Sauna & Jacuzzi a pleasant added extra.
Our Room was much larger than expected & decor very pleasant. I was very grateful for the temperature as Hotels are never warm enough for us so the under floor Heating was marvellous.
My La Stone Therapy treatment was carried out to the highest standard & the therapist was very skilled & professional. Lounge area very relaxing and treatment was well worth it.
I found all staff to be courteous and helpful.
Our dining experience was thoroughly enjoyable and food was divine.
All in all I would definitely recommend Foxhills for relaxation and value for money.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephcooke38
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Foxholes is a great location for a peaceful get away - good facilities with golf, spa and pool.
Accommodation is quite mixed, including charming courtyard rooms and a 'bridal suite'. Good supply of towels, robes, mini-bar, coffee/tea making facilities, especially being able to have 'plunger' with ground coffee. Although some flaws with supplies of basics: hot water not consistently coming through, lack of replacement tissues, toilet paper. Breakfast buffet is good quality with plenty of variety. Some staff attitudes/administration could be better.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms better
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank marigoldKent
Scotland
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is set within large grounds and woodland so it felt very peaceful.

The hotel has quite a traditional feel to it and felt cozy. Our room was in a separate courtyard with its own front door. I was disappointed with the room as the furniture seemed worn and it felt tired. There was a good size fridge and tv in the room. We did find the room quite stuffy. The spa was lovely and my sister and I both enjoyed our treatments, pool and outdoor sauna.

Staff were all friendly and the lounge was nice an cozy for drinks. At breakfast there is a buffet but you can also order items from the menu too like pancakes or eggs benedict.

All in all we enjoyed or stay but perhaps a little too old traditional for us

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hotel-Guru-Kat
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a really nice place and not overly expensive for weekends, etc. We stay as a family of three in one of the larger rooms near the out-door 'residents pool'. It is also a golf club, but I don't play golf, however it means there is a good golf club bar and restaurant for more moderately priced dining, etc. This is good because I don't like the hotel restaurant for dinner or for breakfast. The quality of the food is excellent, but I find the ambience and staff just weird. The lighting is either too bright or too dark, the music is usually weird modern jazz, and while I don't usually have any trouble making myself understood in a restaurant I seem to struggle with the Foxhills' staff. I wouldn't normally comment on something like that but it has happened several times there.
The indoor pool and leisure facilities at the golf club are really good and really add to the pleasure of staying here.
The rooms are clean and well made, shame the basin taps are not a mixer tap because the hot is HOT and the cold is COLD. On this latest visit I noticed the radiator needed bleeding, being hot at the bottom and cold at the top, but the room was warm enough. The third bed was fine. Unusually, we even used room service for food and that was good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottershaw
Great Fosters
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection

Been to Foxhills? Share your experiences!