“Never eaten a better steak! ”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Ottershaw
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whole meal was perfect! Will definitely be back.
Our server (Agnes) was very attentive and deserved the tip!

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Dean F for taking the time to leave us your review. Thank you for your kind words about Agnes I will make sure I pass them on to her. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit for girls night out. Steak was fabulous. All our dietary needs met and the waitress (blonde haired lady) was super friendly and efficient. Have read reviews saying it’s a hit or miss place but we enjoyed.

Thank you SurreyPamy for taking the time to leave us your fantastic review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed dinning with us, I hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly staff, good atmosphere. This is our 3rd visit (Not my choice)
This was a family birthday outing. I chose the T-Bone steak, medium rare. It was cooked properly, but there were two huge pieces of muscle. Several of the side dishes weren't available which was a shame. Some of my friends also had grisly cuts also.
When you're paying £50 you expect better.

1  Thank Mrg9999
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Mrg9999 for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I do apologise for the issues you had on your visit to us. We do encourage all our guest to let us know of any issues with your food on the day so we can do our best to put things right and make sure you have a nice meal. We don't get many complaints about our T bone steaks they are usually very well recieved, so I can only apologise for yours not being at its best. I will take your comments and feed them back to my kitchen manager. I do hope you will come again soon.

Artwell and teamc

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is so ‘hit and miss’ we will not be spending our money there again. You cannot be guaranteed good service or good food. Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn’t!

We have had wonderful chateaubriand and various other dishes - but also had 4 dishes that had to be sent back and others that were just bordering on it!
Service can be excruciatingly slow - especially drink orders. Why do staff stand around chatting when they could be circulating the tables asking if customers want/need anything? Some staff, on the other hand, have been really attentive! I just find the unpredictability of the place far too frustrating to bother going back.
My latest meal from their new menu was a joke! £18.95 for three very small ‘rashers’ of dry lamb (supposedly marinated lamb rump), tenderstem broccoli that was anything but, other undercooked veg etc. (There is ‘al dente’ and just plain ‘raw’.) Sent the meal back and didn’t order anything else . . . too much of a lottery!
However - the service was very good, and my complaint was dealt with adequately.
This place needs sorting out - and I don’t like feeling ripped off.

2  Thank Redz55

Thank you Redz55 for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can only apologise for the issues you experienced on your visit to us. If you would like to discuss this in more detail with me please give me a call on 01932 873217

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Have had quite a few meals here and never disappointed. Good for celebrations and lots of space if you have a large party. One evening there were 12 of us (We booked in advance) and were seated comfortably.

Thank you Helen R for taking the time to leave us your fantastic review, I am so pleased you have become regulars and enjoy yourself every time you come in. I hope we can carry on welcoming you back in the future.