“Decent quality food and service”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Gourock
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Decent quality food and service”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently visited with a colleague, we went on a Friday night and had two course and some drinks.

I had some very nice food, to be honest I wasn't sure what it all was as the menu doesn't explain the meals very well, I just picked options which didn't have any ingredients I thought I would not like.

I ended up with a starter which was ok, not something I would buy again but not unpleasant, the main was much nicer and the quality of the food was excellent, way above your average Indian take away standard.

The drinks were reasonably priced and the restaurant stayed open until midnight, the bill was reasonable and we definitely enjoyed the evening.

The take away is busy, this is good but it does mean that if you are sitting near the door you have a constant stream of people coming and going, the waiting area is not well separated from the dining area, this can be a little off-putting.

I will probably go again.

• Visited February 2014

Gourock, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in the area”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Great sized portions and friendly service. Looking forward to going back. Alternatively the takeaway service is excellent too. Getting hungry just thinking about it.

scotland
“21st birthday celebration”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

As usual great food and very nice staff. Service was good and atmoosphere was pleasant. They kept an eye to when we needed the birthday cake which was nice and took some photos for us.

Visited December 2013
“Local legend !!!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This place has been on the go for as long I can remember , never been disappointed in the food or service , I agree with other reviewers that the seating can be a little tight sometimes . My favourite is the chicken karahie, with a garlic and coriander naan ....yum! And to finish it ,The taj also do a nice fresh baileys coffee Over the years I've started knowing the family that run this establishment and I must say you couldn't come across nicer people. Keep up the good work !

• Visited December 2013
“Consistently good food.”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

For the last 10 years my family have spent Christmas Day in this restaurant and I have used the restaurant on countless other occasions over the years. The food is always very tasty, the portions are generous and I have never left the restaurant unhappy. I can see why people may find the restaurant a little cramped and the level of service can vary depending on the waiter you deal with but if you are in the area and looking for a good Indian meal you won't be disappointed in the Taj Mahal.

• Visited December 2013