“Great for food or just coffee!”
Review of Flava Coffee Co

Flava Coffee Co
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gourock
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My partner and I (and baby) have visited here a few times and the food has always been lovely and very reasonably priced. The coffees are delicious with a varied choice and they have a good selection of delicious looking cakes (I just look, haha). I recommend getting a window seat at the back as the views are lovely no matter the weather! We’ve been a few times on a Sunday evening and it can get a bit busy so it would great if they opened the upstairs. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Alba11

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I'm not a regular to Flava, but I have been in quite a few times over the years ... Lovely setting and coffee is great..... But that is where it stops. Service each time has been slow, but when I was in yesterday it was worse than normal! Arrived for breakfast with a friend, it wasn't busy, the menu was brought over quite quickly, we spent a few minutes looking over the choices and made our decision...... Then waited, and waited ! The young girl behind the counter seemed oblivious to the fact we were ready to be served, so after 15 minutes I called her over and asked to be served. She duly took our order and disappeared off.... 10 mins later our drinks arrived ( 2 cans of diet coke). The CANS were dumped on the table along with 2 glasses.. Now I have worked ( and under managed) bars and restaurants in my time and this is to me is a big no no ... A customers drink should always be poured ( and if not enough room in the glass then present the can on the side), I had to ask for ice for our drinks. All sorted and we continued to wait on our food ... Which took another 15 mins from our drinks arriving .. I had ordered the full cooked breakfast which came with toast.. admittedly the food was nice, but no toast, the young man that served me advised the toSt would be along shortly, I asked for sauce.... And waited ! I then decided to eat my food while it was hot ... the toast ( and the sauce) arrived as I was 3/4 of the way finished ... Oh, and I then had to ask for butter for my toast . Sorry but it was not the nice, relaxing breakfast I had imagined, to be constantly asking for things and to feel I was being a bit of a nuisance was not pleasant. It's a shame as the actual place is lovely... But the staff need trained in their customer service.

12  Thank Linda0804
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stopped in for a rest after a long walk, we had coffee and two bowls of really tasty fresh soup. The service was quick & friendly, nice atmosphere, all the food being served looked fresh & scrumptious ! Would recommend.

1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fantastic viewsfrom the back, especially from the upstairs but the people watching out the front is good too. Lovely for a cocktail at sunset but just as great to enjoy a stormy river whilst indulging in a flavoured latte and cake in the warmth! Meals are really good and this is a nice special occasion venue for not a lot of money. Breakfast/brunch is good too. Make sure you ask for a river view table when making a reservation if you really want one as they tend to go first. Also, if visiting with anyone who struggles with high stools, make sure you ask for a booth or regular table.

1  Thank Jeannie and Jon... C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went to FLAVA with our family for our anniversary. Two of us had fish and chips . The fish was tasteless and the batter soaked in grease. The pasta was overcooked but ok. Beef Stroganoff was very small portion and a 2pounds supplement added on. We complained to waitress but got no reply from the kitchen. We again complained at the counter where chef was standing he did not even acknowledge us. Not good enough . For a small business the customers should count. We will not be back.

8  Thank EllenGourock