“Fantastic”

Flava Coffee Co
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gourock
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Good food. staff friendly. had wee wait but food is made from fresh . Tried lots of different meals all lovely, The view is to die for!! and staff could not be more helpful.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Cirstaidh P

Greenock, United Kingdom
“Great for food or just coffee!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My partner and I (and baby) have visited here a few times and the food has always been lovely and very reasonably priced. The coffees are delicious with a varied choice and they have a good selection of delicious looking cakes (I just look, haha). I recommend getting a window seat at the back as the views are lovely no matter the weather! We’ve been a few times on a Sunday evening and it can get a bit busy so it would great if they opened the upstairs. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Alba11
Gourock, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I'm not a regular to Flava, but I have been in quite a few times over the years ... Lovely setting and coffee is great..... But that is where it stops. Service each time has been slow, but when I was in yesterday it was worse than normal! Arrived for breakfast with a friend, it wasn't busy, the menu was brought over quite quickly, we spent a few minutes looking over the choices and made our decision...... Then waited, and waited ! The young girl behind the counter seemed oblivious to the fact we were ready to be served, so after 15 minutes I called her over and asked to be served. She duly took our order and disappeared off.... 10 mins later our drinks arrived ( 2 cans of diet coke). The CANS were dumped on the table along with 2 glasses.. Now I have worked ( and under managed) bars and restaurants in my time and this is to me is a big no no ... A customers drink should always be poured ( and if not enough room in the glass then present the can on the side), I had to ask for ice for our drinks. All sorted and we continued to wait on our food ... Which took another 15 mins from our drinks arriving .. I had ordered the full cooked breakfast which came with toast.. admittedly the food was nice, but no toast, the young man that served me advised the toSt would be along shortly, I asked for sauce.... And waited ! I then decided to eat my food while it was hot ... the toast ( and the sauce) arrived as I was 3/4 of the way finished ... Oh, and I then had to ask for butter for my toast . Sorry but it was not the nice, relaxing breakfast I had imagined, to be constantly asking for things and to feel I was being a bit of a nuisance was not pleasant. It's a shame as the actual place is lovely... But the staff need trained in their customer service.

• Visited May 2014
12 Thank Linda0804
Bishopton, United Kingdom
“Great coffee & fresh soup”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a rest after a long walk, we had coffee and two bowls of really tasty fresh soup. The service was quick & friendly, nice atmosphere, all the food being served looked fresh & scrumptious ! Would recommend.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Neil S
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Always good whenever you go”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fantastic viewsfrom the back, especially from the upstairs but the people watching out the front is good too. Lovely for a cocktail at sunset but just as great to enjoy a stormy river whilst indulging in a flavoured latte and cake in the warmth! Meals are really good and this is a nice special occasion venue for not a lot of money. Breakfast/brunch is good too. Make sure you ask for a river view table when making a reservation if you really want one as they tend to go first. Also, if visiting with anyone who struggles with high stools, make sure you ask for a booth or regular table.

Visited April 2014