“Had a brill time”

Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Scottish
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Firth Hotel, One Ashton Road was re-opened recently UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT.At One Ashton Road, you can enjoy delicious food and a relaxed drink for reasonable prices, all in one of the most picturesque settings in Scotland. We serve a delightful range of warming food in our restaurant as well as having a fine selection of drinks, cocktail’s and wine’s in our bar area. The friendly atmosphere inside makes our Restaurant the ideal place to bring the whole family. Outdoors we have a terraced seating area which boasts stunning views out over the Firth of Clyde. If the weather isn’t at its best, you can curl up indoors where we have televisions. We have an impressive selection of beers and lagers on draught including Tennents, Coors Light, Stella Artois, Peroni, St. Mungo’s, 4 West, John Smiths Extra Smooth and the new to the market RED.We also have a top shelf lined with an array of only the finest Scottish Malt Whisky, from an 18 year Talisker to a 16 year old Lagavulin.We offer specials menus throughout the week as well as always having our lunch/dinner menu on offer.Menus on offer at our restaurant:2/3 course lunch menu from £7.95 which runs throughout the week between noon and 2pm and has a range of dishes to choose fromAfternoon Tea which cost's £6.95 per person or £10 for two.Lunch/Dinner/Evening Menu which run's from noon till 9pm.Why eat at our restaurant?Traditional restaurantStunning locationRelaxing atmosphereFamilies welcomedSpecials menus availableOur location is ideal for customers travelling to/from:Ardgowan, Bishopton, Greenock, Kilmacolm, Langhouse, Largs, Port Glasgow, Skelmorlie and all surrounding area's.
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My sister-in-law was up for a visit and decided to go out for a late lunch, ended up stayin to the end, the meal was lovely bar staff very welcoming and manager was very helpful, informed us we could move to the seats next to the bar as there was a band due to start, we had a fantastic evening

1  Thank Elizabeth C

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Service was really slow, after 30 minutes I had to ask the waitress to take our food order. My husband and i ordered Roast Beef Focaccia, kids ordered macaroni and steak pie. They only had 1 Roast Beef and my husband ordered Gammon Steak. The focaccia was brick hard and could easily have smashed a window. The other three meals were ok.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I have visited quite hesitantly because if previous reviews. Myself and my partner had main courses, a sweet and drinks.
The food was fresh, prepared to a good standard and reasonably priced. I had risotto and my partner steak pie, both were freshly made and delicious. Service was good. Atmosphere a bit dull. No background music and the decor is a bit shabby and cold colours used. I would reccomend to go along and eat.

1  Thank Reidlynne
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Oh man,

Visited for lunch with parents and baby daughter. Would never go back only wish I could rewind and erase the whole experience. All I can do is hope my review warns others to avoid at all costs. We were seated at a table with dirty dishes. Waitress cleared away quick enough then we waited for 10-15 minutes to order drinks. Ordered st mungo from the menu only to be advised they no longer serve it (well take it off the menu then) Manager took our order then a waitress came with our order. By that time we had moved to another table away from the constantly banging front door. Orders were nachos, cheese burger and chips and sandwiches. Teas and a pint of oranjeeboom. Waitress suggested for an extra quid you can have soup and chips with your sandwich (whit? What a poorly thought out dish! Soup and fries with the sandwich - just weird). My mums burger was possibly the worse offering I ever seen. Burger patty was actually huge. Looked like a frozen job (although the manager assured it was freshly prepared that day - aye right!). So greasy, soaked the bun. Was inesible. Mum left and I asked it to be taken away. My nachos had firey bottled salsa, was minging, no guacamole and some grated cheddar and sour cream. Very poor standard. Dads sandwich was ok he said and the teas were ok. I spoke with a waitress who panicked when she realised I wasn't happy. She called the manager over and it became a bit if a scene. The manager wasn't really listening to me. I was trying to explain that my mums lunch experience was poor and all she was saying was they weren't expecting it to be that busy and they were expecting a busy night (bank holiday weekend and they weren't expecting it to be busy is just amateur management). Burger was taken off the bill. My dad paid, I would have given them hee haw. Seriously avoid this place at all costs it was like my worse nightmare. Partner took baby into disabled toilet for a change. No light. Can it get any worse? Ps not all bad, spectacular view of the Clyde

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is very much a seasonal restaurant positioned on the tourist trail for visitors who like a trip along the Firth of Clyde. It's for this reason you will find it to be quiet if out of season.
The restaurant has a panoramic window which looks straight out on to the Clyde & gives a view to die for; find a table next to the window & you could enjoy your meal whilst giving your eyes a treat.

3  Thank Krustee