“Fun”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I thought the prices were reasonable as it cost us around £22 for a family of 3 and an extra adult plus infants get in free. The main pool in the water park isnt that big but it has waves. There are a few slides and flumes there but it is a bit of a wait if it is busy. Didnt have trouble waiting for lockers or a changing room which was good.

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“water park”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

According to my kids this is the best pool they have been to. They love the new dump zone and tornado ride. Even managed to get me on it! you pay £1.20 for the locker key but get £1 back and one locker will hold 2-3 peoples things. When the waves are on it can get a bit rough for non swimmers but otherwise enjoyable.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“The 2x 90 mins (skate & swim) is good, but food is the worst ever!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My kids (ages 12 & 15) love this place and come frequently with their mates for fun days out. They usually buy the 2x 90 min session tickets for both skating and swimming, and enjoy both activities.

The pool is definitely NOT for swimmers, it is a fun pool with many fun things to do. The ice rink is a good size and i've never experienced any problems when we've been here (now that it is again open). The atmosphere in the complex is good.

WARNING: the food is vile. My kids described it as 'tasteless cardboard' and they normally love this type of junk food (deprived of junk at home, of course). I always take my own packed lunch, as the kids get very hungry between the 2 activities. We are able to eat our lunch in the pool spectating terrace as long as we buy a drink from the adjacent cafe, which we do.

1 Thank TrishMcQ73
smileynot
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Facilities good but extremely dirty.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Visited recently with my 7 year old son who loved it. Unfortunately the place looked like it needed an 'extreme' clean. Water, plasters, hairs, bobbles, etc left scattered over the floor of the mixed-sex changing room. Scantily clad teenage couples lurking together under the showers, and that was all before we'd even reached the pool! Not good so far, but to top it all off we went up the very dirty, dull and dingy stairs to the flumes. While waiting in line we were standing in water with brown sludge through it, and it wasn't just a patch, it was everywhere. People were moving to avoid touching it. The lifeguards acted as if it was nothing new, didn't bat an eyelid so it's obviously like that all the time. The place has lots of visible dust and rust and I came away feeling like I needed a bath with added disinfectant to avoid catching something. Entry fee was abit steep too, almost £13 for an adult and child for 90mins. Wouldn't have minded but thought it was a bit steep considering the level of cleanliness. I actually spent the whole time cringing at the thought of what I was touching. Wouldn't be in a hurry to return but expect that my son will want to go back as soon as possible.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable day out.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I visited the time capsule today, with my wife & our 2 children aged, 7, & 1 & a half. Upon arrival, the que to get in was out the main door, however, it is the end of the school holiday's this week, so it's understandable that it was pretty busy.
We waited around 10-15 mins in the que to get into the building.
Once in, we proceeded to have an excellent time, there is a lot to do for the children & adults alike. Me & my daughter had a ball on the flumes, although, the tornado thing, whilst good fun, is a little bit short. Whilst my wife & my baby son, enjoyed sitting in the small baby pool, which was nice & warm.
However, do not let that put you off, because it genuinely is great fun & in my opinion, was good value for money.
My daughter keeps asking when we are going back!!