“Brilliant family fun”
Review of The Time Capsule

The Time Capsule
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Visited The Time Capsule for the first time today and we cannot wait to return.

Got there for opening time before the queues and that was a good move as the place did get very busy. However, it's easy to see why it's so popular !

The waterpark is excellent. The storm chaser flumes are fast and frantic and the wave pool is fantastic too. Plenty of areas for smaller children and those less able in the water.

The cafe was also reasonably priced too and the food was more than decent.

All in all a great value family day out.

Top tip - hold on tight if you're standing under the big bucket when it empties !! ;-)

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"waves"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went on a family trip to the time capsule, swimming - ,started with disaster - locker not working, had to transfer all belongings from one to another locker.. Went for showers then entered the pool... wasn't too bad kids enjoyed themselves too some extent .. half way through the swimming spotted plaster floating in the water, then another plaster, then a lollipop stick, then twigs ..... Just disgusting - had to leave.. in the showers and changing rooms -not clean.... balls of hairs, pieces of paper etc etc lying around -gross... Not many staff washing / hosing down changing rooms, in my opinion they need the changing rooms hosed down constantly with disinfectant, not just squeeged out, pushing the hair balls etc about.. one family of disappointed customers, won't rush back......

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I visited here with my friend and our 2 year old daughters.
The changing rooms were difficult to figure out! No signs to show where family change, showers and entry to pool were. The changing room floors were filthy and a used nappy was on the floor of one of the cubicles! All staff were chatting huddled round the desk at the bottom of the stairs, fat lot of use they were!
The small pool was lovely and warm and our girls really enjoyed it however there wasn't anything else really for them to do. The other child area was full of water being splashed about and spraying people which for toddlers is terrifying!
If the cleanliness could be improved I would return here when the girls were older but until then give it a miss!!

2  Thank jacmac1810
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was my second visit as my first my 2year old and I had put our stuff in the locker stepped one foot into the water to be told the place is being closed.......for some hygiene reason or other thankfully got a refund. On my second visit on returning from the changing area I slipped carrying my little boy no staff to be seen and I didn't get up for a moment as I really hurt myself. After getting my little boy settled and us dressed I went to search for staff whom we're all enjoying a good conversation around the desk. I asked for an antiseptic wipe (as its not the cleanest) and reported I had fallen no questions asked other than "do u want a plaster" no thanks but Im in agony! Drove home crying with pain, I returned the next day to report again as my elbow had doubled in size and was very badly bruised. I called and called and posted a letter with photos evntually speaking to some manager whom was quite rude. After nearly 5 weeks all I got was a form to make a claim. Which was unsuccessful which is fine but what isn't fine is there was not a single apology for the lack of first aid given or how my complaint was dealt with! Couple of months later still sore elbow!
Needless to say I won't be back again!

3  Thank pamelaandlewis