“Dirty”
Review of The Time Capsule

The Time Capsule
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Took the kids for a wee day out prices were ok for admission. When we got to the changing rooms they were minging all sorts of stuff on the floor mostly used nappies.got to the pool it was cold and there was stuff floating about in the water. Staff didn't look interested at all. The full place could do with a good clean.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"waves"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited time capsule today for my sons 5th birthday... Should have stayed at home...
From the changing rooms to the pool there was no clean surface anywhere.
Firstly the changing rooms were disgusting... The stench made me feel sick. The ground was covered in hairs and dirt but since we drove nearly 30 mins we decided to proceed and hope it was just the changing rooms that needed a clean... I was so wrong.
The pool side also lacked in good hygiene. There was dirt and grime everywhere. Even the water was far from clean looking.
The water was Luke warm in certain areas and frozen in other parts. Although that I could have put up with but when I seen things floating in the water that was the final straw.
This Place has so much potential with all the flumes and kids play area near the tipping bucket you could spend lots of time having a fun day out but I'm sorry I can't swim or have my kids swim in what I can only describe as a health hazard.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Took my wife and 2 boys here today and all I can say is it was absolutely filthy ... Changing rooms r totally disgusting we found a used sanitary towel in our one ... The pool had numerous things floating abt in it including a plaster and the string from a tampon we were in there for 20 mins and left as the boys were turning blue with the cold ... Had to jump into the shower when we got home as felt totally dirty from it ... It's a horrible smelly place and an outbreak of something is surely going to occur there soon as it's a massive hygiene risk would warn anyone from going

1  Thank happyhibee1981
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went here with my mum and two nieces aged 9 and 5.

We bought a combined ticked for 90mins swimming in the fun pool and then 90 mins of skating, including skate hire for all of us. At a total of £31 I thought this was excellent value for a treat.

The good: Easy to find/get to from Edinburgh. Lots of parking. Helpful staff. Good value. Lots of things to do in the fun pool for all ages. Very high waves. Well policed by staff - felt safe. Good value café. Good quality ice-rink and very helpful on ice supervisor.

The not so good: Quite old so a bit run down - but they make the best of it. Not enough showers or changing rooms. Not clear when your time is up - but on a plus point no one seems to mind that! Generally feels a little dirty - think that is due to volume, lay out and age rather than staff. Have to pay for very old driers for hair.

All in all we will go again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Time capsule leisure centre has to be one of the best by far. I have been going to this attraction for many years and it just continues to get better and better. Swimming there is great for all ages,massive flumes,waves,whirlpool and aparatus that soaks you,endless amount of fum. What I found most impressive was the quality of staff,they do not take any chances when it comes to safety of swimmers-they are totally on the ball and jump straight in the first sign that anyone is in any trouble or needing help-theres no mucking about and they are clearly very skilled and dedicated at what they do-i have witnessed them rescue on two occassions-outstanding work ethics-sets them apart from other lifeguards I have observed. There is a cafe up above with reasonable prices,where you can observe the entire pool area-downstairs is the ice rink-both activities-kids get a good amount of time-great value for money. Discount available if kids have. Young scot card-need to pay £1.20 for locker key-return key after swimming and £1 will be returned to you. Ice skating has lockers for belongings also at a cost of 20p (non returnable).