“Swimming with lots of features.”
Review of The Time Capsule

The Time Capsule
Glasgow, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Swimming with lots of features.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I remember going here as a kid and always loved it. My daughter is now 6 and she feels exactly the same as I did. It really is a great facility for kids to have fun. There is a large pool which has a wave machine that I on a lot, a river run with slides between sections. This leads into a loop with river rapids and a water jet seating area. Also for little ones there is a shallow warm pool letting very young kids enjoy the facility, there are also 3 slides and a water bucket that fills then tips over people beneath (very powerful-hold onto your kid lol) for all the great features I have to also point out the bad....it is a bit dirty sadly. I feel it needs some investment to get it to a better standard as well as better cleaning.

With all that said I will be back. :-)

• Polish first
Falkirk District, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Took the kids for a wee day out prices were ok for admission. When we got to the changing rooms they were minging all sorts of stuff on the floor mostly used nappies.got to the pool it was cold and there was stuff floating about in the water. Staff didn't look interested at all. The full place could do with a good clean.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited time capsule today for my sons 5th birthday... Should have stayed at home...
From the changing rooms to the pool there was no clean surface anywhere.
Firstly the changing rooms were disgusting... The stench made me feel sick. The ground was covered in hairs and dirt but since we drove nearly 30 mins we decided to proceed and hope it was just the changing rooms that needed a clean... I was so wrong.
The pool side also lacked in good hygiene. There was dirt and grime everywhere. Even the water was far from clean looking.
The water was Luke warm in certain areas and frozen in other parts. Although that I could have put up with but when I seen things floating in the water that was the final straw.
This Place has so much potential with all the flumes and kids play area near the tipping bucket you could spend lots of time having a fun day out but I'm sorry I can't swim or have my kids swim in what I can only describe as a health hazard.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horrible place”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Took my wife and 2 boys here today and all I can say is it was absolutely filthy ... Changing rooms r totally disgusting we found a used sanitary towel in our one ... The pool had numerous things floating abt in it including a plaster and the string from a tampon we were in there for 20 mins and left as the boys were turning blue with the cold ... Had to jump into the shower when we got home as felt totally dirty from it ... It's a horrible smelly place and an outbreak of something is surely going to occur there soon as it's a massive hygiene risk would warn anyone from going

1 Thank happyhibee1981
Edinburgh
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Highly recommended and good value”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went here with my mum and two nieces aged 9 and 5.

We bought a combined ticked for 90mins swimming in the fun pool and then 90 mins of skating, including skate hire for all of us. At a total of £31 I thought this was excellent value for a treat.

The good: Easy to find/get to from Edinburgh. Lots of parking. Helpful staff. Good value. Lots of things to do in the fun pool for all ages. Very high waves. Well policed by staff - felt safe. Good value café. Good quality ice-rink and very helpful on ice supervisor.

The not so good: Quite old so a bit run down - but they make the best of it. Not enough showers or changing rooms. Not clear when your time is up - but on a plus point no one seems to mind that! Generally feels a little dirty - think that is due to volume, lay out and age rather than staff. Have to pay for very old driers for hair.

All in all we will go again.