Your household is truly exemplary, comfortable and furnished with great taste. Thanks to this we managed in 7 days to explore and sightsee many of the iconic landmarks in Scotland and in the cities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Inverness.
Thank you very much for the wonderful stay!
Just returned from 4 nights at The Nurses Cottage and can't wait to return! The cottage itself is just perfect. Beautifully decorated, well equipped and very comfortable and cosy. There's a safe garden for kids to play in and the cottage itself is situated in a quiet lane just off the main street.
Comrie itself is a lovely little village with everything you need on your doorstep. We visited the nearby Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre which was great for the kids. There's a little skate park just along from the cottage and a good large play area in MacRosty Park in Crieff.
This was definitely the nicest self catering accommodation we've used. Very clean (you'd never know pets had been there) and comfortable. The owners have obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into making this the best experience for their visitors and we really did appreciate it, Thank you!
Our family group stayed for Xmas week 2017 as part of a large family gathering. We rented three premises and all agreed Nurses Cottage the best. Well appointed, friendly informative owners and lots of little touches make it THE holiday cottage to stay in Comrie.
Welcome pack, Sonos equipped, play station, modern wood burner to name a few attractions, discover the rest yourselves!. Oh and dog & baby friendly as well with our 6month old grandson trying out and approving cot & high chair.
Thank you Margo and Jim for a 5 star stay and many happy memories ...
We stayed here for 12 days October into November after finding it on VRBO website. The cottage is very clan and well looked after, has excellent internet and ample parking. There are three decent sized bedrooms and two nice bathrooms. It is warm and comfortable to live in. I would recommend it for up to 4 adults and possibly two children. We were 4 adults and a baby. The owners were kind enough to supply a cot (crib) and high chair and were very helpful throughout our stay. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.
This was our 2nd stay at Nurses cottage this year and was just as fabulous as our first stay. Run out of good things to say about this little piece of perfection. With beautiful countryside walks and Munros to climb (we managed Ben Chonzie) on this visit. We managed this with two teenagers and our Hungarian Vizla. The cottage itself was still as beautiful and well equipped with everything you could ever need. We will definitely be returning in 2018.
There is so much to love about Nurse's cottage. We were four adults and one two-year-old. Here are what we found to be the highlights (in no particular order):
- The cottage is beautiful and impeccably decorated. It feels like home from the moment you step inside. Margo and Jim have thought of everything you could possibly need, and more. The kitchen is fully stocked with all the appliances, tools, and crockery needed to cook just as you would at home. The entire house is furnished very comfortably, with large beds, places to lounge, luxurious showers and bathtub, and a pretty garden.
- The cottage has everything you could want to entertain yourself at home - from Netflix, to a Sonos sound system hooked up to Spotify, to a PlayStation and board games. Also, plenty of books on the area, including a very helpful walking guide that was our bible.
- Margo and Jim were very communicative and helpful. We received an immediate response when we had a question on where to find something in the cottage.
- As hosts, they went above and beyond, providing fresh bread, jams and milk for our arrival. And a lovely surprise of the most beautiful flowers in a vase when we arrived!
- Comrie itself is a charming little village with two small grocery stores open late, an excellent butcher and a deli with great bread, delicious prepared meals and all sorts of other goodies. Also a short drive to Barley Bree restaurant in Muthill which we went to on Margo and Jim's recommendation - it was excellent!
Nurse's Cottage was a great location from which to explore this magical countryside. We hope to be back someday.
What an absolute gem of a location and cottage! Spent 4 nights there with my family recently and cannot express how luxurious and comfortable the cottage is. The owners have absolutely thought of everything and we wanted for nothing! Their generosity also meant that we had the use of the bikes and golf clubs in the garage which we took full advantage of as the local walks and bike rides are on your doorstep and so beautiful. Comrie is a sleepy wee village with a lovely feel to it but we were centrally located for so many other places it was difficult to decide where to go first! Thank you so much Jim and Margo for providing such a beautifully and well appointed cottage - it really did feel like our home from home - the welcome pack and flowers were such a lovely touch too!