We stayed here for 4 nights to attend a wedding at Comrie Croft which was only 1-2 miles away. 6 adults and 1 infant.
The owners have thought of everything that you might need. Plus more - e.g. smoothie maker, Dolce Gusto coffee maker, 5 bikes, golf clubs, gas barbecue. Even Netflix on TV, PS4 and Sonos/Spotify music system throughout the house. No problems supplying a travel cot and high chair for the granddaughter. The owners are very helpful, have thought of everything and provide lots of information. All equipment and furnishings in the cottage are of high quality. Comfortable beds. Nice linen. The showers in the bathrooms are brilliant. Fresh flowers and small welcome hamper ready for your arrival along with the essential condiments, oils etc that you would normally forget to bring from home.
We were able to park 3 cars in the driveway without difficulty. The garden was lovely with sunny seating for 6 and the BBQ all set up.
And as for the location! Up a small lane at the end of which there are great, easily accessible walks beside the river or round the back of the village. The village itself is ideal. Enough in the way of shops for necessities and for eating out. Crieff, a bigger town, is only 6 miles away. There is plenty to do in this area apart from the stunning scenery. For the first time visitor especially, this is a great centre for visiting Scotland. Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oban, St Andrews and Inverness all within striking distance. And unlike many places in Scotland you wouldn’t have to go up and down the same road to get anywhere. It would even be feasible to come here without a car as there are regular buses from Perth.
Having stayed at numerous holiday rentals in the U.K. and abroad we can honestly say that this was probably the best. It just ticked all the boxes.
Your household is truly exemplary, comfortable and furnished with great taste. Thanks to this we managed in 7 days to explore and sightsee many of the iconic landmarks in Scotland and in the cities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Inverness.
Thank you very much for the wonderful stay!
Just returned from 4 nights at The Nurses Cottage and can't wait to return! The cottage itself is just perfect. Beautifully decorated, well equipped and very comfortable and cosy. There's a safe garden for kids to play in and the cottage itself is situated in a quiet lane just off the main street.
Comrie itself is a lovely little village with everything you need on your doorstep. We visited the nearby Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre which was great for the kids. There's a little skate park just along from the cottage and a good large play area in MacRosty Park in Crieff.
This was definitely the nicest self catering accommodation we've used. Very clean (you'd never know pets had been there) and comfortable. The owners have obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into making this the best experience for their visitors and we really did appreciate it, Thank you!
Our family group stayed for Xmas week 2017 as part of a large family gathering. We rented three premises and all agreed Nurses Cottage the best. Well appointed, friendly informative owners and lots of little touches make it THE holiday cottage to stay in Comrie.
Welcome pack, Sonos equipped, play station, modern wood burner to name a few attractions, discover the rest yourselves!. Oh and dog & baby friendly as well with our 6month old grandson trying out and approving cot & high chair.
Thank you Margo and Jim for a 5 star stay and many happy memories ...
We stayed here for 12 days October into November after finding it on VRBO website. The cottage is very clan and well looked after, has excellent internet and ample parking. There are three decent sized bedrooms and two nice bathrooms. It is warm and comfortable to live in. I would recommend it for up to 4 adults and possibly two children. We were 4 adults and a baby. The owners were kind enough to supply a cot (crib) and high chair and were very helpful throughout our stay. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.
This was our 2nd stay at Nurses cottage this year and was just as fabulous as our first stay. Run out of good things to say about this little piece of perfection. With beautiful countryside walks and Munros to climb (we managed Ben Chonzie) on this visit. We managed this with two teenagers and our Hungarian Vizla. The cottage itself was still as beautiful and well equipped with everything you could ever need. We will definitely be returning in 2018.
There is so much to love about Nurse's cottage. We were four adults and one two-year-old. Here are what we found to be the highlights (in no particular order):
- The cottage is beautiful and impeccably decorated. It feels like home from the moment you step inside. Margo and Jim have thought of everything you could possibly need, and more. The kitchen is fully stocked with all the appliances, tools, and crockery needed to cook just as you would at home. The entire house is furnished very comfortably, with large beds, places to lounge, luxurious showers and bathtub, and a pretty garden.
- The cottage has everything you could want to entertain yourself at home - from Netflix, to a Sonos sound system hooked up to Spotify, to a PlayStation and board games. Also, plenty of books on the area, including a very helpful walking guide that was our bible.
- Margo and Jim were very communicative and helpful. We received an immediate response when we had a question on where to find something in the cottage.
- As hosts, they went above and beyond, providing fresh bread, jams and milk for our arrival. And a lovely surprise of the most beautiful flowers in a vase when we arrived!
- Comrie itself is a charming little village with two small grocery stores open late, an excellent butcher and a deli with great bread, delicious prepared meals and all sorts of other goodies. Also a short drive to Barley Bree restaurant in Muthill which we went to on Margo and Jim's recommendation - it was excellent!
Nurse's Cottage was a great location from which to explore this magical countryside. We hope to be back someday.